MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Catering, Food Handling and Awareness > Catering, Vending and Cooking For The Masses.

Notices

Catering, Vending and Cooking For The Masses. this forum is OnTopic. A resource to help with catering, vending and just cooking for large parties. Topics to include Getting Started, Ethics, Marketing, Catering resources, Formulas and recipes for cooking for large groups.

Old 03-16-2009, 02:56 PM   #1
Prairie Smoke
On the road to being a farker

Default Feedback questionnaire for customers

I’m going to be leaving feedback questionnaires at my 2009 catering events, (with the host’s permission). I’m wondering if anyone has done this and if you have some samples you can share. My goal is to find out what we can do to improve, and to uncover any problem areas in customers’ minds that I might not know about otherwise. We’ve been catering for 3-4 years but 2009 is our first year of being really serious about it. Our functions in the past have been for people we know or through close referrals – in other words, groups from which negative feedback doesn’t flow freely.
This year, I have 6 events booked so far, plus quite a few open quotes. This is all new events for people I don’t know. It’s very important for me to get this feedback. I have high confidence in our abilities due to past experience / interactions, but it would be ignorant to think there isn’t room to improve.
My plan – I’ll be leaving 3x5” postcards with some basic information about us and a huge invitation (“How did we do?”) to give us feedback. The card will contain a URL (section of my website) where they can fill in some pre-determined questions and leave all the comments they want. I think I’ll get a much higher response rate than asking them to fill out a piece of paper and mail it in.
The motivation for them to do so will be a prize – a BBQ dinner for 20 people at the end of the season.
One other thought is to have one questionnaire for my customers – the people who chose us in the first place, and a different one for their guests.
Ideas / suggestions??
Thanks!
Memphis Pro, Yoder YS-640 comp cart
FEC-100, 120, 500
Southern Pride XLR-1400, SP-700 (2), SPK-500 (2)
Two 32' festival rigs
WSM x 4, UDS, Weber 22" OTG
[B][COLOR=#0000ff]You don't win friends with salad![/COLOR][/B]
[B]@prairie_smoke[/B]
Prairie Smoke is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-16-2009, 07:42 PM   #2
Countryhb
is One Chatty Farker

I think it's a great idea, of course, what the fark do I know?! Just had a gig Saturday for a coworker's church group. She was telling me that they collect surveys from their guests, with the food service being one of the sections. She is the one responsible for tallying, so she's gonna pass on the results. What a great idea that never crossed my mind. I can't wait for some written feedback!
Kamado #7
BWS Party
NB offset with baffle and chimney mods--STOLEN
Double-barrel 55-gal drum smoker
A farking weed burner...hehe hehe! Fire's Cool!
Countryhb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 06:30 AM   #3
tony76248
is One Chatty Farker

If you do it take the comments with a grain of salt. On almost every occasion there will be folks who love your food and those that don't.

I think you are wasting your time offering a free dinner for 20 folks as a reward for filling out a questionaire. Either you got it or you don't......

I think I would just ask the hosts for feedback and see where you can improve, heck afterall they are the paying customer not a bunch of freeloader guests.... if you catch my drift?

Sounds like you are catering as a hobby or means of making some extra $ but this year you have a few more jobs than usual and you want to make it grow.

My thoughts are if you enjoy it as a hobby, don't mess with it, do it your way and have fun or it will not be worth doing. If you plan on doing this as a main business then.... talk to Marsha!

There's plenty of room for all of God's creatures.
Right next to the mashed potatoes.

Brinkmann Model 6668 Gasser
Hibachi Grill
Stumps GF223 w/ Stoker assist
ECB that wins the $
Weber One-Touch Gold 22-1/2"
#3 Komono
Large BGE w/ Stoker assist
55 gallon Drum Smoker
Wood Crate Cold smoker w/ smoke injector
No need for certification, I already know good BBQ!
tony76248 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 11:10 AM   #4
big brother smoke
somebody shut me the fark up.

I think feedback cards are hit and miss. I say this because it depends on what type of gig you are catering. If you are doing a wedding or other type of event where they are not just gathering to eat, it is not about feedback at that time for the guest or you. I find I get the best feedbcak by contacting the client after the event.

Here is more feedback: use bigger fonts/points when posting, most of us are getting older here