Crispy Primo Chicken...

Looks perfect to me - I gotta try that boiling water method :thumb:

Thanks. Seems kinda weird to dry brine in the fridge, only to end up pouring boiling water over the skin, but it does work. I usually go pretty lite on the rub, after the boiling water, but this time, I applied a couple of different rubs, one salty and one a little sweet. I think that helped it darken up. Taste was great though and breast was nice and juicy. Works out perfect, as the wife likes the breast, no skin and I like everything else, including all the skin. Works out great! That's why I'm so adamant about getting crispy skin. I can't help it...I love it.

Looks great, the wings would be mine! Could you give a little detail about the boiling water on the skin? Thanks!

https://www.bbq-brethren.com/for um/showthread.php?t=264759

The boiling water trick

That's it. Only difference is, I did this chicken in the Primo, instead of the MAK. I've had good results in the Primo without the boiling water, but it wasn't consistent. Now it is.
Another difference is due to the difference in cookers. With the MAK, I use 375*. With the Primo, 330*. You may find a different temp works in your cooker. Please post if you try it and like it.

Boiling water method huh never heard of that. Looks like a awesome bird. I’ll have to give that method a try

Back