• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Traegar Renegade Pellet Grill 209 BUCKS OFF ON AMAZON PRIME

BBQchef33

Grand Poobah and Site Admin

Batch Image
Reaction score
this one is hard for me to resist guys.. Ive been considering a pellet grill or a while now but the prices couldnt justify another grill in the yard.. already have the BGE, A kettle, A DCS 48, and a Broilmaster.. but Amazon has it for 209$ LESS for Prime Day...

HOLY CRAP!!... Someone hold me back. Im gonna have to expand my deck if i do this.

:thumb: Me too - I’m just scared of the Cheap Ones and can’t afford the Nice Ones.....

Buy it. Don’t look back. You’ll never find your way home. The lure. Strong appeal. Lying eyes. Out where The buses don’t run. Can’t find my way home.

All of life’s answers are already written. They’re in the songs.

Get it.

Dear Mr. Fantasy

I've cooked on a Renegade several times. I have not done any real comparison shopping and researching as far as weights and thickness and quality against other cookers and
I know this will never live up to the steel of my Klose or Shirley. It feels more like my old bandera.

BUT!...

its not to be used for a smoker..its a grill, so no long cooks. Steaks, Salmon, Roasts, burgers, etc.. short and quick hits.. I can honestly say that one of the Prime Rib roasts that i cooked on a Little Tex at a class i was teaching came out as one of the best Ive done.

For the price, this is really hard to look away from.

On all my pellet pooper threads recently many people said Pellet Poopers are better smokers then they are grills you can’t sear on them -except for the nicer units . I scratched Traeger n camp chef n pit boss off the list from the start so I have not looked or research those three as to their models.

Last edited:
Needs versus wants??????

If you need it, get it.
If you want it, get it.

Turn on some ‘70’s rock.

The answers are there.

Gringo Honeymoon

The practical thing to do is BUY IT! Your mature enough to deserve it. Plus you've been wanting to expand that deck for awhile, this would be a great motivator for that proving you're thinking like an adult.

Wait, I think I went the wrong way...

Jeff

On all my pellet pooper threads recently many people said Pellet Poopers are better smokers then they are grills you can’t sear on them -except for the nicer units . I scratched Traeger n camp chef n pit boss off the list from the start so I have not looked or research those three

Why??(stuff in red)

I’ve seen much more controller issues on those three brands than any other brands -looking on the Internet and the pellet forums and youtube -many have put aftermarket controllers on those three brands

Pretty much comes down to whether they have American made controllers or Chinese made - rec tec grills are made in China but the controllers are American

I also looked at their customer service issues complaints on various sources
And from my pellet pooper ponderings the three lesser priced brands I would look at would be rec tec - Grilla Grills and green mountain With rec tec being my pick

Of course I don’t have one and have no experience with any of them -it’s just what I have gathered over the last few weeks - I have had several pellet pooper threads in the last couple weeks -if you look through my threads or posts you may find some helpful info in them -many of the brethren have responded to them with Good info.

Last edited:
You have 23 smokers, what is another one? What will this do that the FEC100 will not do?

Chris

FEC rarely sees over 300 and its indirect... and its not a grill for cooking direct....

ive been eyeing the Green mountain and rec-tecs. Green Mountain sponsored one of my contests and was giving me good pricing. But when this popped up on amazon prime today, the horns came out. :decision::decision:

Back