• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Your Best Sandwich Photo

cmcadams

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
I want to see sandwiches! I watched the Food Network's sandwich challenge over the weekend, and there were some good looking sandwiches there.

Here are the rules:
Only one shot of each sandwich (no multiple angles), and only one sandwich per post. If you want to post another, you have to wait for 5 sandwiches to be posted before your next shot. And no links.. the photo has to be shown in the thread.

Comment all you want in the meantime. And add a description of what the sandwich is.

Oh, and stop with the 'sammie'... It's a sandwich!!! Only 2 more letters to type. :mad::icon_devil:-D

I'll start with this one. BBQ sliders, pulled pork on multigrain, brisket on rosemary rolls.

2485424780_bb9ab1e5e9.jpg

The only sandwich picture I have...smoked sirloin tip roast, sliced thin and served on a bun with aus jus and provolone cheese.

sled, is that from kats's deli or your own work? Looks fantastic.

The executive from from Katz's was on the challenge... His signature was pastrami on rye... not original, but really hard to beat as a prototypical, iconic sandwich.

sled, is that from kats's deli or your own work? Looks fantastic.

The executive from from Katz's was on the challenge... His signature was pastrami on rye... not original, but really hard to beat as a prototypical, iconic sandwich.
carnegie deli

Question!!! Is this a PHOTO contest, or a SANDWICH contest. ???

meaning you want pretty photography, or a sandwich that make you dribble?

This aint pretty, but since we are only allowed one pcture, I'll post the process, not the finished product.

crumbled fatty and roasted red peppers, on smoke toasted garlic bread, then stategicly line up the bread under some blocks of cheese(this is jack and cheddar) and slow smoke till the cheese melts thru the smoke.... the pump up the heat to finish.

Attachments

• DSCN0235.jpg
    DSCN0235.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 308

That part is up to whoever wants to add.. we already have some of both.. but if the sandwich sucks, don't include it! :) I love the process photo... and I bet the sandwiches were great... I may have to try something like that on the egg with a second grate!

and, Sled, I'll take either... They're both great, IMO.

And I'll gladly be the first double poster, since we have a bunch in between...

This is a Flat Iron steak sandwich on French farm bread with Vincent cheese. The steak was a leftover, so I sliced it, heated it on one side only, buttered the bread and pan-toasted it, then put it together:
2472575444_55420c988d.jpg

I see the five sandwich rule has elapsed.....

You are going to have to use your imagination with this one; I'm seeing a buckboard, lettuce, tomato & avocado sandwich with mayo...with a bloody Mary on the side. What do you see??

7ea1b58e-1.jpg

This aint pretty, but since we are only allowed one pcture, I'll post the process, not the finished product.

crumbled fatty and roasted red peppers, on smoke toasted garlic bread, then stategicly line up the bread under some blocks of cheese(this is jack and cheddar) and slow smoke till the cheese melts thru the smoke.... the pump up the heat to finish.

I want more pic's please :icon_blush:

Back