***VOTE - BBQ Brethren "T-Bone & Surf!" Throwdown!- VOTE***

Vote for the winner of the BBQ Brethren "T-Bone & Surf!" Throwdown!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ron_L

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

This is a new vote thread thanks to my ineptitude! An entry was inadvertently left out. If you voted earlier today (Monday) please re-vote!

I apologize to everyone involved.

It is time to decide the winner of the BBQ Brethren "T-Bone & Surf!" Throwdown!

The winner will be announced after the poll closes on Monday August 12.

Click Here to go to the Throwdown thread, or click on the person's name for more pics/info on the entries.

Bluesman
100_1816.jpg

Cack
T-BoneNShrimp_zps4b5c5af3.jpg

angryfish01
attachment.php

silverfinger
IMG_7329_zps2ce3ce66.jpg

Smoke Dawg
attachment.php

Oldyote
DQ_zps54987d77.jpg

Reason for Dilly Bar: Entry did not fit the category description. The description said "Meat with a bone in it the shape of a T will qualify." A Tri-Tip does not have a T-shaped bone.

caseydog
picture.php

Hometruckin
08-12+Dilly+Bar.jpg

Reason for Dilly Bar: Entry did not fit the category description. The description said "Time to pull out your summertime grills and cook a good T-Bone with your favorite Seafood to go with it!" No matter how much it wants to be seafood, an Octodog is not seafood.

DerHusker
IMG_4547_zps4b5e2db4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
After close inspection of the ingredients in the Octodog, one of the main ingredients was Sea Salt. Therfore it contains Sea Food, I demand a re-vote! Ron, please restart the polling process! :evil:

I'll leave the definition of seafood up to Silverfinger and Merriam-Webster.

Definition of SEAFOOD

: edible marine fish and shellfish

Thanks Ron,
A hotdog does not qualify as seafood.

I liked your first entry Hometruckin!
I was drooling over that steak with fresh made Hollandaise sauce and the Crab Oscar piled on top!

Thanks Ron,

I was drooling over that steak with fresh made Hollandaise sauce and the Crab Oscar piled on top!

I would definitely agree that a hotdog does not qualify as seafood, but that was an octidog, not a hotdog. :mmph:

Farkin' special rules. :tsk:

Thanks Ron,

I liked it too, I even got to eat it and it was really good. I was having a bit of fun last night and TD's are supposed to be fun. Stay tuned for next weeks madness from Chile. God only knows what I will find to cook there!

I liked it too, I even got to eat it and it was really good. I was having a bit of fun last night and TD's are supposed to be fun. Stay tuned for next weeks madness from Chile. God only knows what I will find to cook there!

Then you should have made "T-Bone & Spamfish"
Now that would would have qualified under the description of the throwdown and would have been fun!:becky:

Hometruckin,
I loved the octodog theme!
It's just not seafood.

Go look at how Kathy is looking at the Viking throwdown.
She looked up every ingredient of my entry to make sure Vikings had access to the food on my plate.

Hmm,
Did Vikings have hotdogs?:idea:

Now that would would have qualified under the description of the throwdown and would have been fun!:becky:

Hometruckin,
It's just not seafood.

She looked up every ingredient of my entry to make sure Vikings had access to the food on my plate.

Hmm,
Gonna have to stand down on the viking TD. The only one I have ever missed since setting sail on the good ship wackadoodle. I will be in hotels in Chile on Thursday and won't get to a house with a kitchen and outdoor cooker until Monday! Also limited Internet access, I'll check in when I can. Good Luck to all!

Hometruckin,
It's just not seafood.

Hmm,
Gonna have to stand down on the viking TD. The only one I have ever missed since setting sail on the good ship wackadoodle. I will be in hotels in Chile on Thursday and won't get to a house with a kitchen and outdoor cooker until Monday! Also limited Internet access, I'll check in when I can. Good Luck to all!

Back