MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 07-07-2011, 01:06 AM   #1
RevZiLLa
is Blowin Smoke!

Default Rib Weep Method Question

I have seen some posts that talk about the weep method for doing pork spares and would love to try it, but I think my smoker will cool off too fast to finish the cooking if I shut it down at the weep stage.

Here is Pitmaster T's vid on the method

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/sh...10&postcount=6

For those of us who have smokers that cool off too fast, should we turn the heat down for a while or foil them or what?

Here is my setup. I have a BBQ grillware gasser with cast iron wood chip box and a water bowl. It is a step up from an ECB and quite convenient, though not the real thing. I have been able to weep my ribs nicely on it...

Thanks to the Brethren for you help on this

Brinkman water smokers (elec and charcoal)
Weber kettle grill
Uniflame Gold Stainless 5 burner propane grill / rotisserie
BBQ Grillware upright propane water smoker
A trench filled with wood coals and covered with chain link fence
RevZiLLa is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-07-2011, 08:23 AM   #2
Pitmaster T
Babbling Farker

welding blanket should do it... I used one on my weber.

Edict.
Pitmaster T is offline   Reply With Quote