First Brisket and Mac N Cheese

uchinadon

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
My first brisket tasted great, but unfortunately, turned out a bit dry! Got caught making the mac n cheese when I should have been paying more attention to the brisket at the end!

DSCF2054.jpg

DSCF2056.jpg

DSCF2057.jpg

DSCF2058.jpg

DSCF2061.jpg

DSCF2059.jpg

looks good for a first! each time they will get better. n try different methods and mix and match. youll find ur way to tasty juicy tender brisket. im still en route as well
:thumb:

I think it was Ron that told me to wrap in foil after the bark set up and add beef stock. At first, I thought it was double cheatin....Foil....AND.... Beef stock.

I've NEVER had a dry one since I tried this. Makes brisket more forgiving also IMHO.

Funny thing is that is what we did, but cause it was so small and only a flat we let it go too long. By about 45 minutes.

Hey Chinadon good job, I fed you a ton of information all day and in the end your brisky was nice. Cool part is now you know what not to do at the end of the cook! Think we (well, you) need to order a brisky with the point still on, when Bruce and I found those they were cheaper per pound than the flats. We have till Wed night to figure that out...

How did the probe go in when you took it out of the cooker? Just looking at the grain of the meat in the pictures it looks like it was undercooked, but it's hard to tell in pictures.

Also, did you let it rest after cooking it? I shoot for at least two hours rest.

I think it was Ron that told me to wrap in foil after the bark set up and add beef stock. At first, I thought it was double cheatin....Foil....AND.... Beef stock.

I've NEVER had a dry one since I tried this. Makes brisket more forgiving also IMHO.

Me two Foil and add beef broth= yummy juicy brisket

Back