Super Bowl Sunday

cabo

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
OK guys,
It’s 2:00am and a balmy 29 degrees here in sunny South Carolina.
I know it’s a lot colder where you are, and from the threads I’ve
been following I’m glad I’m here instead of there. Got a 13#
brisket (done with TK’s DP marinade). I’m trying to hold temps
at about 250. Spiked to 300 in the beginning at 10pm but I think
I’ve got a handle on it now. We’ll see.
I’m doing this with Mesquite, and am going to change up to
Hickory when I add the ribs (6 racks of baby backs). Hopefully
the brisket will be ready to foil by then, about noon. Doing the
ribs with a rub of my own concoction, then in the 2 foiled hours
with the jelly’s that Dave sent me.

What's up Harry!

It's 9:45A here in Stl. 20F, feels like 9. Butt has been on about 2 hours holding right at 249. Ribs are sitting in the fridge for another hour and then I'll toss them on. Everything is covered in Fat Pat's (Q seasoning for the butts, Rib Rub for the bbs). I was shittin' myself this morning wondering if I would be able to get the pit up to temp with it being about 15, but it got up in about 40 min. Perfect day for Q!

Fat Pats eh,
Interesting, that’s my rub of choice for the ribs today.
Brisket will be at about 170 soon (I hope) and the ribs
have been on for about a half hour. Every thing going
according to plan, so far.
Are you entertaining at home or are you and your scrumptious
goodies headed some where else to view the Panthers kick butt?

We're having people over. About 12. Whenever we do big parties everyone brings a dish and I cook the meat. Amazing how they've got that worked out huh!

Most of us will be rooting for the Panthers. I know at least one guy though is a New England fan. I'll be sure to accidentally drop his ribs on the ground!

Ribs will go on soon, then I have a box of jalapeno sized sweet peppers to get ready. I love those little sweet peppers. They're like candy!

Fix up a “special batch” for the New England fan. :twisted:
My house is too small to have a crowd over, so I
cook and go to the crowd. Don’t have to worry about
the cleanup either. The party I’m going to is at a
restaurant / bar that’s closed on Sundays, except for the
private party today. The owner has been asking me, since
Christmas, if I’m going to bring another brisket this year.

Our house has a small family room, but we make do crowding around the tv.

The weather here has turned pretty nice. Must be almost 40 out. All the ice is melting everywhere. including on my deck...over my pit! I walked out about an hour ago and it look like niagra falls right on the damn pit. I've moved it out from under the deck but haven't been able to get it about 230 since. G**Damnit...

Plus one of the lesser geniuses that comes the our football parties just called and said he had invited to extra friends, but wanted to check with us to make sure that was ok...AFTER he farking invited them. IDIOT. We have a family room that seats about 8, we already have 12, and my wife and I have been up since 7 preparing food for a certain number of people. To top it off he's the kind of mooch that never brings anything. Everyone else brings a side dish, EXCEPT for him. My wife asked if the extra two were bringing anything and he responded with, "Well, I guess we could pick up some beer". She went Ape POOPIE on him...

Sounds like fun!!!! :x
Oh, that's also why I go somewhere else!!!!
Fix the whole bunch a special batch of turds!!! HEHE!! :twisted: :twisted:

Back