The wheels came off....

jbrink01

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
our wagon this weekend in Columbia. I suppose it's what we get for only coming out once this year, but I have never had a worse contest outing (score wise), nor have I ever cooked what I believe to be better food. I am takling the lesson to be either focus on the business or the contests, that I can't mix them.

Wish I knew.........BTW - York, I hope that bottle you won from me gives you a massive hangover :wink:!!

PS - Great to see all the MOFO's and meet the ones I didn't know. Had fun, just blew the contest part of it.

Last edited:
Yeah, sounds like you learned one hellova one. I read on Rod's web blog about a hard lesson learned from vending/competing....it is a lot to keep up with....but, still, all in all sounds like you had a blast....

Yeah, sounds like you learned one hellova one. I read on Rod's web blog about a hard lesson learned from vending/competing....it is a lot to keep up with....but, still, all in all sounds like you had a blast....

Sorry if I wasn't clear. I did not vend this contest.

Hey, it was good cooking next to you and York...Thanks for the 9:30 shot...It must have helped as I had that huge 5th place sausage score.....Oh well
That was one high scoring contest overall...I knew our ribs and brisket tanked anyway...But we had fun..I thought it was well organized....Peter

Back