BBQ Guru on an off-set

monty3777

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
I have a 24" Horizon off-set. I am wondering whether it would be worth the investment to get a BBQ Guru? Will a Guru do much to increase cooking times and reduce the need to baby sit during an overnight cook?

I have a Guru on my Bandera. After some experimentation I have both increased the time between refuels and have increased temp stability. But be forwarned; on an offset, a Guru will probobly not be plug-and-play.

I bought one for my large offset and returned it. I never used it, but asked lots of questions and the general concensus was that it would not work perfectly on my smoker. It would require a lot of tinkering with it and some mods. Decided against it and sent it back.

I bought one for my large offset and returned it. I never used it, but asked lots of questions and the general concensus was that it would not work perfectly on my smoker. It would require a lot of tinkering with it and some mods. Decided against it and sent it back.

I'm leaning in that direction - not that I have already bought one.

Alittle more tinkering may be invloved but it will work. I have a stoker on my Lang 84 and it made life much easier. You may need two 25cfm fans though to run it.

Back