Our first competition is in the books!

Dex

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
We had a blast!

We went into the competition with very realistic goals. We wanted to make sure we turned in every box on time, didn't have any DQs, and not to finish DAL in any category.

After we finished all of our boxes and turned them in... we were shooting for mid pack, and thought we would be at least 20th out of 28 teams.

Awards came at 4:00... here we go.

Chicken - 21st
Ribs - 4th
Pork - 9th
Brisket - 6th

9th overall!

:shocked:

Needless to say we just stood there for a while after they called our name :twitch:... then were like "wait a minute, thats us!"

What a great day and great time. Contgrats to the BBQSuperStore.com for taking GC and first in 3 categories. Those guys are definitely doing something right!

Here are our boxes. Any feedback is greatly apprciated.

Chicken - We struggled with this one. Although we were a bit surprised to see a pair of 6s on taste when everything else was 8s and 9s

20130921_115514.jpg

Ribs

20130921_122545.jpg

Pork

20130921_125138.jpg

Brisket

20130921_133024.jpg

Already looking forward to our next one!

Great finish. It was great to see you make your first pro walk. Very good looking boxes. I'm sure you are now hooked.

• Thanks
Reactions: Dex
You guys did great!

We had a couple of head scratchers on our score sheet, too. It happens sometimes.

You should come to Danville, IL this coming weekend! They are looking for teams!

• Thanks
Congrats on getting thru your first comp and even better, having some great scores!!

You do know, there is no turning back now!! :mrgreen:

wallace

Congratulations guys, we were sitting just to the right of you guys at the award ceremony and it was our first competition also. We went into the weekend with expectations just like yours although we didn't have an outing quite like yours, we didn't finish last in any category either. I can only imagine what went on in your heads when you got all of your calls. We also had a blast and learned a ton of new things about competition BBQ.

Congratulations!!! Great job for your first time out!! And great looking boxes!!

• Thanks
Congratulations guys, we were sitting just to the right of you guys at the award ceremony and it was our first competition also. We went into the weekend with expectations just like yours although we didn't have an outing quite like yours, we didn't finish last in any category either. I can only imagine what went on in your heads when you got all of your calls. We also had a blast and learned a ton of new things about competition BBQ.

Thanks! I'm sure you could tell by our reaction that we were rather surprised. I am always my hardest critic though. If you are anything like us, you already have a list of things that you need to do different, and a list of things you need to bring to the next one. Good luck to you guys!

Back