• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Rib-o-lator

peterz

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Just wandering if anyone got one.
If u do, how do u like it for spares.
If u hate it , do u want to sell it?

Peter

I haven't heard of anyone hating it. Full spares may be hard to do on it, but St. Louis would be great. Someone that has one will chime in.

I have done baby backs and st louis spares and it was great. All the racks were cooked evenly and they tasted great.

Ribs of any type, except those too wide to fit in the trays, work out very well. I do find however, that cooking small chicken parts is the best use of the R-o-L.

Love my ROL, would never sell it.
Full spares won't fit, but St. Louis will, so will BBs.
And I agree with Smokin'D, the ROL is great for small chix parts

Yes, that what I smoke is ST. Louis spares.
I was thinking about lowering the trays about 1" to help
stop the tipping some people are talking about.

I was thinking about lowering the trays about 1" to help
stop the tipping some people are talking about.

I don't have my Liborator sitting in front of me but you may run into some sort of clearance problems by trying to lower the trays.

I don't have my Liborator sitting in front of me but you may run into some sort of clearance problems by trying to lower the trays.

Yes, u maybe right. As soon as i get it in I will make try extensions out of
paper or something first and see what happens.
I maybe buying a used one from a guy from the "other" forum.

I like the concept but the balance is an issue. If the ribs are not placed exactly dead center then you have the possibililty of a tipped basket thereby creating the problem with the baskets hitting each other. I think it is a novelty and a crowd pleaser, by IMO does not really improve the ribs.

I love mine but losing a rack every time I use it has made me put it in the box and use my rib racks. I have always made sure racks fit when cook starts. Bob said as racks cook they shrink and cause balance issue. At $10 a slab to much to lose. Does make great wings though.

I am not a welder but thought about welding the trays to the holders so there is no sway.....wonder if that would work??

I am not a welder but thought about welding the trays to the holders so there is no sway.....wonder if that would work??

Can you imagine if all the cages were welded on a ferris wheel? :wink: :biggrin1:

Back