MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 03-16-2013, 10:14 AM   #46
nastynotch347
Knows what a fatty is.

Warm the sticker slightly with a heat gun or hair dryer and pull it off. I'm sure they will send you a new one, the best bet for installing the new one is to pull off a narrow strip in the middle of the backer and working it down slowly one side at a time.
nastynotch347 is offline   Reply With Quote

1 members found this post helpful.

Old 03-16-2013, 11:36 AM   #47
Donk
Found some matches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nastynotch347 View Post
Warm the sticker slightly with a heat gun or hair dryer and pull it off. I'm sure they will send you a new one, the best bet for installing the new one is to pull off a narrow strip in the middle of the backer and working it down slowly one side at a time.
Good advice. I also recall if you soak the new sticker in water and dish detergent it will allow you to slide the sticker in place and the film will allow you to smooth out the air bubbles before the glue adheres. It's a shame that such a fine looking cooker seems to have a defect in the sticker!

Donk
Donk is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-16-2013, 12:24 PM   #48
Perfect Rack BBQ
Knows what a fatty is.

We will give him a call for a new sticker. We plan on firing her up tomorrow morning and run her for 8 hours or so to season. Can't wait

Old 03-16-2013, 06:09 PM   #49
treytexag
On the road to being a farker

Default Assassin Smoker - Unpacking and Initial Seasoning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfect Rack BBQ View Post
We will give him a call for a new sticker. We plan on firing her up tomorrow morning and run her for 8 hours or so to season. Can't wait
Did u figure out the guru fitment? Was it easy to attach / screw together? I'm still a few hundred miles from my Assassin.
treytexag is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-16-2013, 06:52 PM   #50
barbeque nut
Is lookin for wood to cook with.

great looking smoker-congrats, good luck, and if you get a chance, some feedback on your results would be much appreciated.
barbeque nut is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-18-2013, 07:56 PM   #51
SBG
Found some matches.

I pick mine up Friday. I can't wait!

Jeff is good people and will work his tail off to please the customer. Let's face it, his best advertising is a happy bbqer..
SBG is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-19-2013, 12:33 AM   #52
treytexag

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbeque nut View Post
great looking smoker-congrats, good luck, and if you get a chance, some feedback on your results would be much appreciated.
BBQ Nut, here is a link to my second firing of the Assassin, this time using the BBQ Guru and actually cooking food. So far, I'm impressed with both products - the Assassin Smoker AND the BBQ Guru.

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/sh...05#post2413405

Old 03-19-2013, 12:35 AM   #53
treytexag

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBG View Post
I pick mine up Friday. I can't wait!

Jeff is good people and will work his tail off to please the customer. Let's face it, his best advertising is a happy bbqer..
SBG, I'm liking it so far. Cooked food on it first time yesterday and also first time using the BBQ Guru. Dad gum, they both worked very well and the family and I quickly skarfed (sp?) them drumsticks and thighs down. They were quite tasty indeed.

SBG, after you fire yours up, share your experiences - I'd like to hear what you think of it.

Old 03-19-2013, 06:42 AM   #54
jmoney7269
Banned

One nice lookin smoker! Love the drip pan idea.
jmoney7269 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-20-2013, 08:18 PM   #55
SBG
Found some matches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by treytexag View Post
SBG, I'm liking it so far. Cooked food on it first time yesterday and also first time using the BBQ Guru. Dad gum, they both worked very well and the family and I quickly skarfed (sp?) them drumsticks and thighs down. They were quite tasty indeed.

SBG, after you fire yours up, share your experiences - I'd like to hear what you think of it.
I'll let you know how it turns out. I'm glad to hear you are pleased with yours. That was some sure fine looking chicken in the other thread!
SBG is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-20-2013, 09:45 PM   #56
treytexag

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBG View Post
I'll let you know how it turns out. I'm glad to hear you are pleased with yours. That was some sure fine looking chicken in the other thread!
SBG, for me the reason I smoke, and the main driver for me, is one thing. BBQ Beef Brisket. So the real test for me will be how well I can do brisket on the Assassin with the Guru during an overnight cook. I simply cannot do the all night smokes on a stick burner any longer.

So I'm hoping I'm successful in my upcoming "test cooks" on brisket.

Tags
assassin, smoker