• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Wegmans store brand lump. I'm impressed!

chriscw81

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
I know it's been talked about before but I picked up some today and I'm really impressed. It's a 10 pound bag for 6.29. I've heard it was made by royal oak too. The bag had no dust in it and it's the first time I've seen any lump look like this. I dug through the bag and I didn't see any rocks, nails, frogs, lizards, or anything other than lump. It didn't have any real large pieces but I prefer not to have to break up giant pieces anyway. I've only used cowboy (and its been horrible) and wicked good(which I like) so I don't have much to compare against but me likey. I'm gonna burn it for the first time this weekend and I'll try to remember to post an update on how it went. In the meantime, here are a few pics:

yge2yve3.jpg

u4u9edym.jpg

u4ugagur.jpg

Sent from my Nexus using Tapatalk 2

FYI, I understand that Kroger Lump is also made by Royal Oak. I bought some, and was impressed with it, too.

CD

That certainly seems a fair price!

I know it's been talked about before but I picked up some today and I'm really impressed. It's a 10 pound bag for 6.29. I've heard it was made by royal oak too. The bag had no dust in it and it's the first time I've seen any lump look like this. I dug through the bag and I didn't see any rocks, nails, frogs, lizards, or anything other than lump. It didn't have any real large pieces but I prefer not to have to break up giant pieces anyway. I've only used cowboy (and its been horrible) and wicked good(which I like) so I don't have much to compare against but me likey. I'm gonna burn it for the first time this weekend and I'll try to remember to post an update on how it went. In the meantime, here are a few pics:

yge2yve3.jpg

u4u9edym.jpg

u4ugagur.jpg

Sent from my Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Grabbed two bags this Summer and wish I had grabbed more. I too have been using Cowboy - bags of tree trunks and dust for the most part. Next time I'm in the area I'll pick up more wegmans. Pretty good stuff and a good price too!

I liked it too. Burned very hot. My only complaint was that it was sparky as all hell in the chimney.

You can't go wrong with anything Wegmans brand. I'm lucky enough to shop at one every week. I don't know how you folks without them survive. lol

@polishdon.....

We have publix, whole foods and trader joes.

6 states......mass, md, nj, ny, pa, va

Last edited by a moderator:
on a side note, wegmans everyday price for pork shoulder is 1.29 a pound. i just picked up 2 today for this weekend.

on a side note, wegmans everyday price for pork shoulder is 1.29 a pound. i just picked up 2 today for this weekend.

That started about a month ago and is one of their 6 month guaranteed prices. I cooked one up about 3 weeks ago, good stuff.

We shop at Wegmans on a regular basis. I love their stores. Everything is good quality and fairly priced. I have seen their lump before but was leary on buying any. I'm pretty picky about my lump. Keep us posted, if it's good I'll definitely stock up.

For those in Northern VA and Maryland, give Humphrey Lump a try. A brethren, BBQ Equipment Store sells it. Burns clean, hot, and long. No trash in it and consistently sized.
Humphrey Lump

We shop at Wegmans on a regular basis. I love their stores. Everything is good quality and fairly priced. I have seen their lump before but was leary on buying any. I'm pretty picky about my lump. Keep us posted, if it's good I'll definitely stock up.

i'll update this thread after i burn some this weekend.

My father in law used to use Cowboy, and it sparked too much for him on his Green Egg. He switched to Wegman's as well, and swears by it.

Back