Did my first farmers market...and sold out

daninnewjersey

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
I'm a total newbie with markets and signed up for one every Thursday through Labor Day selling ribs. It isn't a huge event...just one parking lot behind a restaurant...maybe 20 vendors selling mostly organic produce and other hippie type stuff.

Someone suggested trying to get into it since the guys at this event are mainly carnivores being dragged around by their wives. Having no clue what to start with I cooked 15 racks on my drums. Started selling at 8:30AM and was sold out by 10. Had so many people that missed out saying they will be showing up extra early next week. I owe most of everything I know to the Brethren. You guys rock.....

Congratulations on the sell out. That always feels great, I guess you'll be cooking up a little more next week.

Way to go bro! Folks do go nuts when they get Q that is actually good. That is a foreign thing to too many people.

Way to go bro! Folks do go nuts when they get Q that is actually good. That is a foreign thing to too many people.

Thanks for the kind word. Had a few guys come up and start chatting barbecue. One dude was telling me how his ribs were so tender because his secret was to boil them first. I just stood there acting polite as one should....:biggrin1:

Congrats. You may want to try adding something that you can cook quickly if you see you need to make your food last a little longer with a long shelf life....Like Sausages. You only need a few minutes to cook up more and if you see you don't need them...hold them until the following week.

So where is this Thursday gig??? I really coulda used some que yesterday and since I am in the area............... Let me know and I'll be there next week.

Very nice fellow Jerseysian! What town is this farmers market in? Would love to try your food.

Back