bourbon beef recipe??

gmc cooker

Reaction score
looking for a recipe for bourbon beef brisket, or something with bourbon and brown sugar that will go with beef. i will be trying to do something like pulled pork, but will be using 2 beef roasts instead and make like a shredded or chopped beef to be used on sandwiches.i will be smoking the meat first 2-3 hrs, then finish in oven till pull-able or shred-able. i'm thinking a sauce on the thinner side would be best??
what say you fellow Q'ers? :hungry:
thanks
craig

looking for a recipe for bourbon beef brisket, or something with bourbon and brown sugar that will go with beef. i will be trying to do something like pulled pork, but will be using 2 beef roasts instead and make like a shredded or chopped beef to be used on sandwiches.i will be smoking the meat first 2-3 hrs, then finish in oven till pull-able or shred-able. i'm thinking a sauce on the thinner side would be best??
what say you fellow Q'ers? :hungry:
thanks
craig

I'd almost think you'd need to infuse the bourbon flavor via a thicker sauce? Bourbon, in my mind, imparts kind of a mellowish flavor once the alcohol is cooked off, so you'd probably need a pretty good concentrate of it that you could adjust the intensity of for each person (more sauce, or less sauce depending on how much you like the flavor.)

Of course, I am sitting here reducing the amount of Old-Fashioned in my glass, exponentially, with each "sip" while my last butt of the day reaches temp so I could be completely out of touch!

" Of course, I am sitting here reducing the amount of Old-Fashioned in my glass, exponentially, with each "sip" while my last butt of the day reaches temp so I could be completely out of touch."

too funny!!

I have two Bourbon BBQ sauces that I use with brisket.

[FONT=&quot]Cherry Bourbon BBQ sauce[/FONT]

• [FONT=&quot]1 cup Jim Beam Red Stag dark cherry flavored Bourbon[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]1 cup cider vinegar[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]1 cup cherry preserves [/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]1/2 cup ketchup[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]1/3 cup onion, very finely chopped[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]1 1/2 tablespoons Tabasco sauce[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Combine all the ingredients in a large, heavy, saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat and briskly simmer, uncovered, until slightly thickened, about 20 to 30 minutes, stirring from time to time.

[/FONT] Bourbon BBQ sauce

2 cups ketchup
1 cup Bourbon (I like Evan Williams or Jim Beam)
¼ cup apple cider vinegar
¼ cup honey
1 Tbsp light brown sugar
1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
2 Tsp garlic powder
Kosher salt and ground fresh black pepper to taste.

Both of these are just suggestions for a Bourbon sauce and I'm always adjusting or adding other ingredients and spices to suit my whims at the time of cooking them.

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

Back