MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ

Notices

Competition BBQ *On Topic Only* Discussion regarding all aspects of Competition BBQ. Experiences competing or visiting, questions, getting started, Equipment, announcements of events, Results, Reviews, Planning, etc. Questions here will be responded to with competition BBQ in mind.

Old 09-07-2011, 01:25 PM   #1
JD McGee
somebody shut me the fark up.

Default 2011 Jack Daniel's Road Trip Thread...

When ya leavin', how ya goin', when ya gettin' thar, and where ya stayin'...gotta practice my lazy lip for all my Tennessee kinfolk that will be invadin' our camp lookin' for free vittles. Lol!

We're buggin' out the Saturday before and driving the 90 from Duvall...pullin' in to Tullahoma on Wednesday evening and staying at the Holiday Inn Express. We're heading ack home the following Monday...not sure what route yet...depends on the weather. Safe travels everyone!
JD McGee is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-07-2011, 01:27 PM   #2
Fatback Joe
Babbling Farker

No details worked out yet, but look forward to meeting you there.

WSM
Medium Spicewine
Stumps GF223
Humphrey's GF Tank II
24 x 60 Shirley Fabrication
Fatback Joe is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-07-2011, 03:14 PM   #3
atvalaska
Knows what a fatty is.

Our road trip consist of a 16 hour/3700 mile plane ride to Huntsville Alabama, hop in a RV/rental....run around town picking up last minute items /good places to eat some local foods an sites.... then hitting the Jack and bbqing our butts off ...... after its all over we headed to the big race with Nascar @ Talladega Sunday afternoon oh yea! rednecks every where!

Thanks from:--->
Old 09-07-2011, 04:18 PM   #4
Jeff_in_KC

Leaving the Kansas City area on Tuesday late afternoon on the 625 mile trip to Lynchburg! Going to Paducah, Kentucky the first night (reservations made) then rolling into Lynchburg around noon on Wednesday. Hopefully they'll let us set up at least canopies and drop the smoker trailer. Then Wednesday and Thursday night, staying in Tullahoma as well. Friday night, we are THERE on site, baybeee!!! No hotels at any other comp (ok two but only because one was AT a hotel and the other was 1 billion degrees!)! Not changing a thing! Roughin' it in the van - if'n I can even sleep at all!
KCBS Member #14287
Jeff_in_KC is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-07-2011, 05:07 PM   #5
JD McGee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff_in_KC View Post
Leaving the Kansas City area on Tuesday late afternoon on the 625 mile trip to Lynchburg! Going to Paducah, Kentucky the first night (reservations made) then rolling into Lynchburg around noon on Wednesday. Hopefully they'll let us set up at least canopies and drop the smoker trailer. Then Wednesday and Thursday night, staying in Tullahoma as well. Friday night, we are THERE on site, baybeee!!! No hotels at any other comp (ok two but only because one was AT a hotel and the other was 1 billion degrees!)! Not changing a thing! Roughin' it in the van - if'n I can even sleep at all!
I used to pull on site all-nighters cookin' low-n-slow...but now I get to sleep in...;o)...safe travels...see ya there!

Old 09-07-2011, 05:19 PM   #6
Slamdunkpro
Babbling Farker

I think we're heading out Tuesday, for a straight thru shot, arriving in Tullahoma late that night.
Spicewine Tandem - "The Beast"
, 2 Vulcan V33's & 1 V9
Brinkman modified upright, Weber Kettle(s); Meadow Creek Pr-24, Super Stealth Mode black & Night Vision Red Thermopens
-----------------
MABA - (Mid Atlantic BBQ Association) President
KCBS Certified Judge - #23289
Slamdunkpro is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-07-2011, 05:21 PM   #7
Brew-B-Q
is one Smokin' Farker

I was planning on arriving Thursday and staying on the grounds instead of getting a hotel. Hopefully that's allowed.
Brew-B-Q is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-07-2011, 05:37 PM   #8
Gerrit_Boys
Full Fledged Farker

Is it better to get there earlier? We were kinda planning on arriving on Thursday afternoon. I'll leave earlier though. Is there power there?
Gerrit_Boys is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-07-2011, 06:01 PM   #9
ModelMaker
Quintessential Chatty Farker

I was hoping to do my 30th at the Jack, even started trying to get in before last years event. But alas they have rejected my offer in favor of some local upidy up.
I don't know how you can crown a "World Champion" using politicians and local dignitarys for judges.
Enough sour grapes, guess I'll go to the Royal instead.
Ed
Extremely seasoned hand hammered Wok
Pit Boss-HART BURN Competition BBQ Team
KCBS certified judge

And Your not the boss of me either!!
ModelMaker is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-07-2011, 08:31 PM   #10
JD McGee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brew-B-Q View Post
I was planning on arriving Thursday and staying on the grounds instead of getting a hotel. Hopefully that's allowed.
Yep...it's allowed...lot's of campers there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerrit_Boys View Post
Is it better to get there earlier? We were kinda planning on arriving on Thursday afternoon. I'll leave earlier though. Is there power there?
Yes...there is power...ya just have to get near a lightpole that has it working. Last year there was a bit of an issue with not enough working outlets near our camp...hopefully they have it squared away this year.

Thanks from: --->
Old 09-07-2011, 09:41 PM   #11
Vince RnQ
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerrit_Boys View Post
Is there power there?
If you want/need the guarantee of electricity, bring it for yourself as it is not available in all spaces.
Vince RnQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-07-2011, 09:53 PM   #12
moocow
is One Chatty Farker

We did not have power last year and had to run the generators all week. It was not a problem, just be prepared!
-[URL="http://www.moocowbbq.com"]www.moocowbbq.com[/URL]-
-Home of the Make it Take it Drum Class-
-kCBS/ CBJ-
- Stoker powered stainless steel cabinet smoker-Mini & 3 Regular UDS-[B][COLOR=Blue]BLUE [/COLOR][/B]Weber OTG-Saffire ceramic grill-26" plow disc-Green mountain pellet -16' Stealth Competition trailer-
moocow is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-07-2011, 10:11 PM   #13
Diva Q
is one Smokin' Farker

We are leaving on Tuesday pulling into Nashville to pick up the RV and then to the Holiday Inn Express in Tullahoma on Wednesday. Safe travels to everyone. Half our team is staying onsite and the other half back at the hotel..

Checkout my new Cookbook on [URL="http://www.amazon.com/Diva-Qs-Barbecue-Recipes-Cooking/dp/0147529824"][B]AMAZON[/B][/URL]

[CENTER][SIZE=3][B]Life is too short for bad BBQ[/B][/SIZE]®[/CENTER]
Diva Q is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-07-2011, 11:26 PM   #14
sitnfat
is one Smokin' Farker

We ain't got a lazy lip. We just take our time talkin!

Old 09-08-2011, 02:52 AM   #15
Jeff_in_KC

No power??? Uh Oh...
KCBS Member #14287
Jeff_in_KC is offline   Reply With Quote