MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 09-04-2011, 10:28 PM   #1
colonel00
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Default Grilled Stuffed Burrito - Tortillas, eggs and yes, SPAM - also featuring chicken, brisket and pulled pork...pr0n heavy

So, I have been playing around with things in my head this week and it all came together. I had a bunch of stuff in the freezer that needed to be used and I also wanted to cook this weekend. What to do, what to do. Then it all came together and turned into a search for the largest tortilla I could find. Being a lazy man, where I eventually found my tortilla will not surprise you but we will get to that later .

First off, it's Sunday of Labor Day weekend. I had to cook something and luckily I had pulled some chicken leg quarters out of the freezer and had them ready to go. Nothing special with them really, just hit them with a good helping of my own rub and off to the drum. Once done I gobbled one down and pulled the other two for use later.

Later on this evening I fired up the kettle mounted in my WIP cooker cart.

While that was going I prepped the SPAM. I cut it thinly and hit it with a little rub and fried it up on the kettle as a bacon substitute. When it's thin and crispy I challenge any of you to tell the difference in a blind taste test .

Once the SPAM was cooked I chopped it up and set it to the side. Next came the eggs. Using the fancy egg holder thingies I cooked up some eggs in a lazy man's fashion. I sprinkled a little cracked pepper on top because I like pepper and that is the only reason I need.

Next came the burrito. I did a simple mix of cream cheese, colby jack and some chopped serranos. Then just rolled into a tortilla and onto the grill.

And there you have it. SPAM, eggs, and tortilla all in one cook and a triple submission for three throwdowns at once.

New Cooker Cart Build
2 UDS's on a custom cart (looking for a new home soon, PM me)
Good One Rodeo (Free from CL)
SS Performer (CL score)
Darth Stewie Pizza Cooker (Made from CL scores)
2 22.5" and a 18.5" Weber (CL scores) and a POS COS (well intentioned b-day present)
IMBAS Certified MOINK Baller

Wait, what's that? What do you mean this doesn't count? Yes, I do like dilly bars...

Alright fine, I shall continue on then.....

Okay, you caught me, the first burrito was just a decoy to distract the raccoon that is now living in my garage. I kid you not, when I came out to grill this I saw him scurry off into a dark corner of my way too cluttered garage under a boat. I can't hate him though. With the economy the way it is I am sure it is tough for him to find work and he probably lives on the streets.

(stock photo from Google, not an actual picture of the mongrel in my garage)

Anyway, moving on. Since I now have another mouth to feed I figured I needed to step this up a notch. I gathered up some ingredients and set out on the ultimate burrito build (yes I am pitching this to Fox and The Food Network ). So, I gathered up my SPAM from earlier and some of the chicken that I had cooked but that just wasn't enough. Luckily I had plenty of leftovers in the freezer. I understand that the concept of leftovers is foreign to many of you but there are only two of us here and we can only eat so much so the rest goes into vacusuck bags and into the freezer. I grabbed some pork and brisket as they seemed to be a fitting addition. Clockwise from the top we have the SPAM (told you it was just like bacon), Chicken, Pork, and Brisket.

And here is the rest of the ingredients. I have some rice, cheese, black beans, sauteed peppers, and the tortilla with a spread of sour cream. Oh yes, the tortilla. As stated before I spent some time searching out a large tortilla. By searching out, in lazy man's terms, I asked friends if they knew where I could find some. Most recommended places that required driving and effort. Then it hit me last night as we got a ride home from the local watering hole. Taco Bell!!!!! We placed an order of their fantastic, fresh, nutritional fare and at the window I explained my need and the guy was more than gracious to provide me with 3 of their largest tortillas. I didn't actually measure them but they have to be close to 16" if not bigger.

And thus the build begins. I will try go do this quickly as this post is growing long as it is.

But what about the other burrito you may ask? And what about the bacon, er SPAM? And the peppers? Well, here you go:

Surely you can't be serious the onlookers say. Well I am serious, and don't call me Shirley.

So now, off to the grill one more time. Amazingly it got dark fairly quickly but the coals were still going strong.

And now for final dressing. Of course the eggs were going on top along with a mix of salsas that may or may not be from Taco Bell

Gratuitous runny egg shot:

And thus, I present to you the Grilled Stuffed SPAM, Egg, Brisket, Pulled Pork, Smoked Chicken Burrito.

Yeah, it was delicious. I really didn't get a size reference in there but you should be able to tell from the eggs on top. The girlfriend and I could only eat the piece cut of on the right but this will be saved for several meals to come.
[B][COLOR=red]WWWWFBBQADD[/COLOR][/B]
[B]0 out of 1 members found this post helpful[/B] :thumb:

“I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives.” ― Ralph Waldo Emerson

Last edited by colonel00; 09-05-2011 at 12:12 AM..
colonel00 is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->

Old 09-04-2011, 10:31 PM   #2
Boshizzle
somebody shut me the fark up.

Very nice! Awesome, bro!

Old 09-04-2011, 10:53 PM   #3
Oldskull
Knows what a fatty is.

WOW! That's creative ...and beautiful.

Thanks from:--->
Old 09-04-2011, 11:19 PM   #4
bigabyte

That is one huge, tasty looking burrito! The raccoon looks tasty too.
Certified MOINK Baller & IMBAS Certified MOINK Ball Judge #0003 - Are you MOINK Certified?
Sole recipient of the Silverfinger and fingerlickin Awards!

Don't forget about the Throwdown Thingies!
The Secret Squirrel Society doesn't exist - Zero Club

Duh.
bigabyte is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-04-2011, 11:20 PM   #5
Bartstop
On the road to being a farker

WOW!.......... We're not worthy! We're not worthy! We're not worthy! We're not worthy!

Bartstop is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-04-2011, 11:20 PM   #6
Groundhog66
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boshizzle View Post
Very nice! Awesome, bro!

Someone learned a new trick recently I see...
SM BGE
Weber 26" & JJ
Blackstone 36" & 22"
Brick Santa Maria Pit
Groundhog66 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-04-2011, 11:32 PM   #7
colonel00

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigabyte View Post
That is one huge, tasty looking burrito! The raccoon looks tasty too.
Just waiting for a raccoon/wildlife/varmint/masks TD

“I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives.” ― Ralph Waldo Emerson

Old 09-05-2011, 12:01 AM   #8
Boshizzle

Right there I'd almost crap in my pants and run to get my shotgun. Never corner a racoon. I had a bad experience one time from that. Seriously, never corner a racoon. They are like carnivorous monkeys that suck blood.

Old 09-05-2011, 12:05 AM   #9
Wickey-Q
Found some matches.

The fact that you used the salsa verde from TB is awesome. Great burrito.
Wickey-Q is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-05-2011, 12:07 AM   #10
Dr_KY

Oh man that looks good!!!!!!!!!!

Slappin that bass like some delerious funky preist!!!

UDS, Half Pint (Mini UDS), Weber, ProQ 20, Kegrilla
*250 gallon cooker- 'The Meat Beast!!'*

British BBQ Championships
Grand Champion 2008
~~~~
British BBQ Society - Southern Championship
Grand Champions 2009
Dr_KY is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-05-2011, 12:10 AM   #11
colonel00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boshizzle View Post

Right there I'd almost crap in my pants and run to get my shotgun. Never corner a racoon. I had a bad experience one time from that. Seriously, never corner a racoon. They are like carnivorous monkeys that suck blood.
You are correct and I ment to and should clarify. That photo is just a funny pic from a google search. I meant to say that but in the task of the long thread out was forgotten.

Old 09-05-2011, 08:20 AM   #12
Phubar

WTPh!?!

Phabulous work!

All fueled by [COLOR=lime]Ecobrasa[/COLOR] Coco Briquettes

*[URL="http://lowlandsmokers.blogspot.com/2011/06/lowland-smokers-workshop-hei-en-boeicop.html"]Lowland Smokers[/URL] Dutch BBQ Champion 2011 - 2012*
*[URL="http://lowlandsmokers.blogspot.com/2011/06/lowland-smokers-workshop-hei-en-boeicop.html"]Lowland Smokers[/URL] Dutch BBQ Champion 2013 Low 'n Slow
*WGA Ambassador
Phubar is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-05-2011, 08:33 AM   #13
Ron_L

Name/Nickname : Captain Ron

You should have put a taquito inside the first burrito! Then it would have been a mexican version of a turducken!

Great job!

Naked Fatties Rock!

PKGo X 2/PK360/
Ron_L is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 09-05-2011, 08:50 AM   #14
Chef Country
is one Smokin' Farker

you can send the other half to me i'll dispose of it for you
Shop built 300 gal smoker
Traeger bbq 125 with digital 180 controller
collecting parts for a 500gal reverse flow build
Chef Country is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-05-2011, 10:52 AM   #15
trekmstr
Full Fledged Farker

wow!! thats awesome!! i gotta try that soon. i started doing chicken taco recently and really liked them. no idea why i never tried them before. but on the grill??? man that sound good. thanks for sharing.