MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 06-10-2011, 09:30 AM   #1
eggzlot
Take a breath!

Default Question re: Keri's Hog Apple Beans

Hey all,

Never tried these before, so I am going to give them a whirl. I have two questions:

1) Quantity wise, I am going to use one of those half tray alumnium foil pans to put in the smoker to cook these, the recipe as given, will that fit well into a half tray alumnium foil tray? do I need to add more or subtract to get it to fit into one of those pans nicely?

2) I am making some ribs in the XL BGE when I plan to do the beans too. I have the Adj Rig, so I am planning on putting the ribs on the two shelves on the Adj Rig, and the pan with the beans on the bottom grate below the rig. I am going to be keeping the dome temp at 250, so about 225 or so at the level of the beans. the recipe says 1 hour at 325 degrees, but I will be at about 225. I am thinking about 3-4 hours, does that make sense? I know to check on them so they dont dry up (maybe need to add a few cups of water halfway thru??), but just trying to somewhat time out when the beans are done and when the ribs are done.

thanks in advance!
eggzlot is offline   Reply With Quote