An Ode to Gore and his Gyro

R

rescue_ranger

Gore gave me the idea with his Lamb mix and hilarious photo of his lamb sculpture so I had to make gyros on Friday night it was to beautiful outside you just had to grill. So I did a Swordfish steak the gyro mix and roasted some Golden beets some red beets a mix of baby carrots, brussel sprouts and parsnip and some eggplant/onion and roasted red peppers. I got some pictures of prepping and some of grilling did not remember to get a finished plate shot but that’s my fault I was enjoying the evening of grilling, cigars and ice cold Long Hammer IPAs so with a buzz and an appetite the wife and I dug in quickly but I hope ya all enjoy and I hope your Friday evening was as enjoyable as mine…And thanks again Gore for the inspiration for the Gyros and your great lamb post! :thumb:
RR/Mike

Attachments

• beets & rosemary.jpg
    beets & rosemary.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 127
  • gyro 2.jpg
    gyro 2.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 127
  • gyro mix.jpg
    gyro mix.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 127
  • Swordfish.jpg
    Swordfish.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 125
  • swordfish on.jpg
    swordfish on.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 125
  • vegie mix.jpg
    vegie mix.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 125
  • were roasting now.jpg
    were roasting now.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 125
Great work!

:thumb::clap2:

Wow! Looks delicious. Glad Shaun could provide some inspiration. Gyros are surprisingly easy to make (as you know) and the results are wonderful. Love that eggplant (but I'll pass on those Brussel sprouts. Do you have any finished-product pics, or did you eat it up too fast?

Wow! Looks delicious. Glad Shaun could provide some inspiration. Gyros are surprisingly easy to make (as you know) and the results are wonderful. Love that eggplant (but I'll pass on those Brussel sprouts. Do you have any finished-product pics, or did you eat it up too fast?

Sorry Gore with IPAs and the wife and I were like piggies in the trough and forgot to take finnished pics but I am doinf ratatouille and bone in chicken breast tonight and (venison liver) for me I will try again tonight. Sorry buddy I should of could of but didn't hard to remeber to take pics when your famished!:icon_blush:

It was looking so good, then wham, no happy finish...it sure looks good

Gyros and swordfish, dang:thumb:, beauty way!!

Back