One Pan Roast Chicken & Vegetables w/pr0n

R2Egg2Q

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
My wife was watching Cook's Country and saw an episode with a quick chicken and vegetables recipe (video from that episode is here).

She wanted to cook it and of course I said let's try it on the Egg!

I cut up the chicken while she prepped the veggies. While I got the Large Egg lit and up to temp with a couple of chunks of peach wood, she brushed the chicken with the butter & herbs. Onto the Egg went the veggies in a drip pan on top of the ceramic feet & platesetter:
IMG_3984.jpg

Above the veggies went the chicken:
IMG_3985.jpg

They cruised along at 475-480:
IMG_3986.jpg

34 minutes later I checked the chicken IT and they were done:
IMG_3987.jpg

IMG_3991.jpg

IMG_3999.jpg

The veggies looked good:
IMG_3993.jpg

IMG_3996.jpg

Here's my plate:
IMG_4005.jpg

The veggies were tasty but we should have done a better job organizing them with the larger potatoes and carrots on the outer perimeter for more heat (or cut them a little smaller). We both felt the chicken could use a little more seasoning or some rub. Overall it was a good quick cook and we will definitely be doing this again.

Thanks for looking!

That looks great and I love the color of the chicken. Dang, can't believe you got that done so fast. What a great quick meal!

So, where are you getting your fresh brussel sprouts? I really want to try them but my wife has such bad memories of them that they better be pretty darned good or it is over....

So, where are you getting your fresh brussel sprouts? I really want to try them but my wife has such bad memories of them that they better be pretty darned good or it is over....

All the veggies were picked up at Safeway this afternoon. I'm not one to ask if they were good as I don't really care for them! They were my least favorite of the veggies but I did eat them.

Buddy you are not the wealth of help I was hoping for here!! I have heard about how Brussel Sprouts have really improved , blah, blah ,blah. I just want to find them.......
Thanks anyhow. :)

All the veggies were picked up at Safeway this afternoon. I'm not one to ask if they were good as I don't really care for them! They were my least favorite of the veggies but I did eat them.

Hey Marty, the last few times I have been in Trader Joe's they have had sprouts still on the stalk. We had some at Christmas that were great except for the wife trying to remove a finger taking them off the stalk. I am not a lover of them or any form of cooked cabbage, but I ate these after she roasted them and they weren't bad. Might have to try this dish though, might make me like them even more.

Back