Some pulled pork, a burrito and some party food

cowgirl

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
I wanted to restock my smoked pork stash so I injected two hunks of pork with an apple juice brown sugar mixture, then seasoned them with Big Poppa's Little Louie's seasoned salt with black pepper...

onto the Memphis Pro with beer and wild onions in the drip pan... ( I love the aroma)

009-7-1.jpg

015-5-1.jpg

031-5-1.jpg

035-5-1.jpg

I had to try some of it..
I made a burrito with the smoked pork, rice, black beans and scallions..

070-3-1.jpg

fried it until crisp...

071-3-1.jpg

topped with fresh pico..

079-2-1.jpg

I loved it!

127-1.jpg

I was also making some food for a bachelorette party...
these are the before pics...
Sorry no cameras were allowed at the party. :tape::becky:

some bacon wrapped burgers (cooked at the scene of the crime)

040-6-1.jpg

some beef and bean dip

047-8-1.jpg

and some spicy bbq'd shrimp..

062-3-1.jpg

I am sworn to secrecy but can say that the food was enjoyed. lol

Now I have some pulled pork for quick meals...
I'm happy!
Thanks for looking!

Amazing Jeanie!! I'll take several of those burritos...purely a thing of beauty!!

Only apple juice and brown sugar in the injection? Katie and I are doing pp for a church dinner in a couple weeks. Already been thinking about a "mild" but hopefully flavorfull injection for the butts.

Thanks again for the pics!! Sure you don't have any from the party!? :wink:

WOW! Enuff said

Thanks Skidder! :-D

Amazing Jeanie!! I'll take several of those burritos...purely a thing of beauty!!

Only apple juice and brown sugar in the injection? Katie and I are doing pp for a church dinner in a couple weeks. Already been thinking about a "mild" but hopefully flavorfull injection for the butts.

Thanks again for the pics!! Sure you don't have any from the party!? :wink:

Thank you FamilyMan! The injection has worcestershire sauce, soy, brown sugar, apple juice,... I forget the rest. lol But I can find if for you if you are interested. :)
I did have my phone camera with me.. but .... I'm sworn to secrecy. :tape::becky:
Thanks again..

Thanks Phu, it was fun! lol

Thank you Chris!!

Nice Chimichanga! Everything else also looks really good...

OOOOOOOOOOOOOO WWWWWWWWWWWWEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I am in love, that is some mighty fine vittles ya got there! Sure wish we were closer, like neighbors, my wife would know where I was ALL the time!

Very Very nice!:thumb:

That sure makes my mouth water. I love seeing all the stuff you whip up Jeanie! :thumb:

That sure makes my mouth water. I love seeing all the stuff you whip up Jeanie! :thumb:

Thanks Mike, it's good to see you!
Hope all is well in your neck of the woods... :-D

Good god - your blog is fascinating. I don't know how well I'll be able to replicate the whole farming my own shrimp thing in the city, or burying a pig in the backyard and cooking overnight!

lol thanks!! regular shrimp work great. :thumb:

Jeanie, you are an awesome woman...a great cook..fantastic photographer..and an inspiration. HOWEVER, now I'm angry. I just had lunch and it didn't compare to any of that. Makes me wanna slap the restaurant manager :)

Jeanie, you are an awesome woman...a great cook..fantastic photographer..and an inspiration. HOWEVER, now I'm angry. I just had lunch and it didn't compare to any of that. Makes me wanna slap the restaurant manager :)

Dan I wish I could give you a hug.. you are so kind. Thanks friend. :cool::-D

Back