BGE Brisket...High Heat...Play-By-Play...(Pic Heavy)

Sorry for the delay folks...life is what happens when you're busy making other plans...:becky:

Pulled @ the 4 hour mark...the probe was buttery going in to the flat...coolered for an hour then sliced. This was probably one of the juciest briskies I've done...not a large smoke ring but plenty of flavor.

BGECooks024.jpg

BGECooks025.jpg

BGECooks026.jpg

BGECooks030.jpg

Not too shabby for a 5 hour packer! :thumb: Thanks for checkin' out my smoke...:cool:

Nice piece of meat!! I gotta say it looks to have been as hot in your backyard as it was cookin' burgers and ribs in the "backyard" at Cle Ellum!! :wink:

I usually cook briskets at a much lower temp, and longer. How do they turn out fast and hot?

Did you inject? I dont see where you did. How moist was it?

Nice. Did Jake partake in any stray brisket pieces?:becky: I need to give one of these High Heaters a try. I'd hit a bunch of them slices, JD.

Bob

I usually cook briskets at a much lower temp, and longer. How do they turn out fast and hot?

Quick and juicy if done properly...:becky:

Did you inject? I dont see where you did. How moist was it?

Nope...just rub...one of the juciest I've done on the BGE...:thumb:

Nice. Did Jake partake in any stray brisket pieces?:becky: I need to give one of these High Heaters a try. I'd hit a bunch of them slices, JD.

Bob

Thanks Bob (and everyone)...Jake is always around for tasty tidbits...:roll:...a few stray chunks usually end up in his bowl...:p

looks real good. I have never done a 350 degree cook before (usually do low heat for 2 hours or so and then crank it up to about 280). I am going to try a 350 degree cook here this week, because your's looks real good. Nice job!

Nice, I need to try it hot and fast..BRISKET, hot and fast brisket. Thanks JD.

Back