Cupcake Chix, Lpops and PR0N...NICE

Bluesman

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Well tonight had to try some cupcake chicken thighs. While I was at it, I noticed we had some legs...............So Lollipops. First time on both. Followed an earlier thread from this week on how to clean and prepare the cupcakes and went back to another post on the Lpops. Put the thighs in a cupcake pan and some parkay to braise, then thought, what the hell, let's do the same with the Lpops. The prep for this stuff is brutal, but the end result is outstanding. Pics in order, ready tro braise, after the brasie, on the cooker, sauced and ready, plated and......first bite. I like it :-D:-D:-D Thanks to all here who helped in the creation!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Dayum!! End result looks great.. I'll have to go back and read to see what the prep is all about. Looks too good to pass up!!

Wow..looks awesome..

Can you link the thread you used for the prep on the thighs?

Lookin very tasty Bluesman.

I've yet to try cupcake thighs but though about drilling about 6 1/8th" holes in the botton of each cupcake tin to allow for more smoke penetration. Has anyone tried this?

Lookin very tasty Bluesman.

I've yet to try cupcake thighs but though about drilling about 6 1/8th" holes in the botton of each cupcake tin to allow for more smoke penetration. Has anyone tried this?

If you do that you lose all the Parkay for braising. I only let them sit in the pan long enough to set the shape and then on the smoker. They spend way more time on the grate than in the pan.

I can't believe the things I'm learning. But I have to ask, Is that a real bottle of Schlitz? Didn't they still made the stuff. :-D

looks like you had competition BBQ in your own back yard...That prep is a killer! but you get some good looking, and tasting chicken. I can only bring myself to doing that prep very rarely. Not easy, but the end product is good.

I can't believe the things I'm learning. But I have to ask, Is that a real bottle of Schlitz? Didn't they still made the stuff. :-D

Yep, the real deal Schlitz. They started making it again about two years ago, with the original 60's recipe. Schlitz changed the recipe in the 70's and it was then known as "Chitz" :eek::eek: Which it would give you :mad::mad:

Thanks a ton for posting the link for chicken prep. When I was watching BBQ Pitmasters, I always saw the competitors complaining about chicken prep (mostly Myron!) but didn't really get to see why it is so time consuming.

Back