Big Shout Out from the Buckeye state

Status
Not open for further replies.

roksmith

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Hello All,

Yes, there is such a thing as Ohio BBQ.
Although I will say that I learned how while stationed in South Carolina and Georgia.

Started with a Silver Smoker. Built "Brutus" a pull behind rig a few years ago. Also bought an electric vertical job a couple of years ago to simplify my life, but found out that I enjoyed tending the pit almost as much as eating the Q. So it not collecte dust on the back deck.

Will be entering the local KCBS competition locally here for the first time this year. So I plan on acquiring as much knowledge as possible from this site to help turn my backyard BBQ into competition Q.

Thanks All
Roksmith

Thanks All.
Here's a picture of Brutus and I.

The front shelf swings out of the way to give me access to the lower racks and folds back for transport.

brutus-bbq.jpg

Last edited:
welcome, there are a few Brethren from Ohio, and some that have done fairly well in competitions.....I too, not originally from OH, but, have to claim it now....hope that the bug gets ya and you feel that ya have to at least give most of the OH comps some work......we are slowly growing as a competition bbq area.....one of the best contests I have attended is here in OH....Kettering....and liked Nelsonville as well.....

Howdy Roksmith (& Brutus), and welcome to our little slice of BBQ heaven.

Welcome Rok,

Nice looking setup you got there! I was also stationed in S.C., for three years at Ft. Jackson in addition to three years in Germany, courtesy of the U.S. Army. Don't know if you were Army or Air Force but it doesn't really matter. Welcome to the forum and I hope to see you at an Ohio comp or two!

Dallas

Welcome Rok! After you get finished whooping them in Marietta, then come on over and show them how it's done in Kettering.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back