New Smoker Build

A

AsstChief7

After many years of looking, talking to owners, talking to manufacturers, wishing, and researching what would best fit our needs, we have ordered a Bates Custom Pit.

Here are a few pictures of the early construction of our new Bates Custom Pit that is being built by Lone Star Custom Pits and Grills. Steve and Tom have been GREAT to work with and have always been Johnny on the spot to answer emails, return phone calls, etc. Just a real pleasure to work with and from the looks of things, they are building one fine pit

Thanks Steve and Tom and I will post more updates as I get them. Hopefully we will be picking us this "monster" :eek: in mid-May.

PitConst1.jpg

PitConst2.jpg

PitConst3.jpg

PitConst4.jpg

PitConst6.jpg

PitConst7.jpg

PitConst8.jpg

Will post updates as we get them. :cool:

That thing is farkin huge!! Can't wait to see it in action.

Good Gawd What A Smokin Machine:eusa_clap Can't wait to see the finished product and food pron. AWSOME!!!!

That thing is a monster. Looks awesome so far. Keep us posted on the updates.

That's not a monster that's Godzilla!

Looking forward to seeing the progress.

looks like a choo choo train!!!!:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:biggrin:

You gonna feed the 81st airborne with that?
Looks like its gonna be a nice rig.

I see where you're going, planning on using it to teach fire behavior classes so you can get the tax write off huh? Good thinking there Chief! I'm a Compartment Fire Behavior Instructor so I can come down and help you with that, of course it'll cost you some ribs, brisket, Guinness, and Scotch!

Now, that is what I called a smoker it looks great. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Man that's huge. Is that gonna be for a restaurant or something?

Can you get it even bigger?

LOL... Sure you can !! :biggrin: Here is what you are seeing now:

One 30” by 72” main chamber with two doors and 3 pull out shelves each, 30” by 30” by 36” vertical with 4 pull out shelves, Tuning plates, 30” by 30” square insulated fire box with gas assist. Two gas fry burners. 24” by 48” wood storage rack, One diamond plate charcoal grill with raised lid.

I see where you're going, planning on using it to teach fire behavior classes so you can get the tax write off huh? Good thinking there Chief! I'm a Compartment Fire Behavior Instructor so I can come down and help you with that, of course it'll cost you some ribs, brisket, Guinness, and Scotch!

Shhhhhhhhhhhh!!! Don't give away the secrets... LOL. And, just give me a couple days notice as to when you will arrive :rolleyes:

Can you get it even bigger?

Wyatt, when you get ready to order yours, just tell them you want one bigger than the Chief's. Next year for your birthday ask for donations to your pit fund.

LOL... Sure you can !! :biggrin: Here is what you are seeing now:

One 30” by 72” main chamber with two doors and 3 pull out shelves each, 30” by 30” by 36” vertical with 4 pull out shelves, Tuning plates, 30” by 30” square insulated fire box with gas assist. Two gas fry burners. 24” by 48” wood storage rack, One diamond plate charcoal grill with raised lid.
Don't forget about the 3 sinks with hot water, fold down roof system, and 600 watt lighting system. It's a dandy.

Don't forget about the 3 sinks with hot water, fold down roof system, and 600 watt lighting system. It's a dandy.

You must be the builder? Looks good. Obviously, if you want a BIG smoker, it has to come from Texas.

Back