• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

First time smoking Summer Sausage.......

BBQ4FUN

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
First interesting thing. This is the first time using my Maverick ET-732. Lets just say I found out why my previous smokes have been done way sooner than expected. I have all vents closed on the USD and thermo on the drum says 125 and the maverick is saying 223. So I been qing way too hot. Its been holding steady 220-225 for over an hour now. (All vents closed) will post pr0n when its done. I do have to say I LOVE the ET-732. I have the UDS in tie garage due to rain here in Iowa. Also have to say I love this tapatalk also. Pr0n to come......

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Q in garage?? I hope it's a REALLY big garage with a whole lot of ventilation.

Carbon monoxide is colorless, odorless, tasteless and can build up without you realizing it's there.

Bruce (poison center guy)

Q in garage?? I hope it's a REALLY big garage with a whole lot of ventilation.

Carbon monoxide is colorless, odorless, tasteless and can build up without you realizing it's there.

Bruce (poison center guy)

Sure is. 28x50 with 3 full sized garage doors open. 2 facing East and one facing South. Good ventilation.

Thanks BBQ4fun! I feel better now. :D

Good luck with the cook and enjoy your Maverick! It's an incredibly useful and functional tool.

Bruce

Well here it goes. Let's just say it was a learning experience. 2 rolls on the bottom rack and 3 on the top. This was 12lb beef and 3lb 50/50 pork mix using Hi Mountain Seasonings Summer Sausage Seasoning Kit. No extras added for the trial run.

100_1268.jpg

On to the smoker.....around 225*

100_1270.jpg

ET-732....LOVE IT!!

100_1271.jpg

100_1272.jpg

Time to come off. About 3.5 hours. Meat probe was in sausage on bottom rack.

100_1274.jpg

Let's just say they weren't done. Didn't figure this out until about a half hour after I took them off. Ended up putting them in the oven (because the UDS was already shut down) for a couple hours. Must not have had the meat probe in the middle. Another thing I need to do is to turn them about halfway threw the cook.

100_1277.jpg

After 3 hours in the fridge I couldn't take it anymore. Had to sample. VERY GOOD for no extras added. I'm guessing the options would be limitless.

100_1278.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Food looks great bro. Surprised that much diffenent in the therms. Glad you figured it out.

Those look great. I've been wanting to try some summer sausage.

It looks like your thermometer was in the sausage on bottom? Maybe it was just the stuff on top that needed cooked longer?

Looks awesome man!

We LOVE summer sausage around here!
ON THE LIST FOR SURE!!!!!

Tell me, though......where'd you buy your spice kit? Is that something you can just get from a store?

Those look great. I've been wanting to try some summer sausage.

It looks like your thermometer was in the sausage on bottom? Maybe it was just the stuff on top that needed cooked longer?

Yes the thremo was in the sausage on the bottom rack. After the fact, I think it was placed more to the bottom of it then the middle of the sausage. I don't think I will have any problems next time just by rotating them 180 deg half way threw the cook.

I love my et732 as well. I have done 3 cooks with it so far, and it has worked great. I love the range this thing has. I have my smoker outside of the basement garage, and I can walk all around the up stairs house and never lose signal.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Back