Her maiden voyage (First cook on my new pit! With some pics))

Really been waiting to see the finished product. I like the smoker well done. What were you fueling it with and how much did it take. Looks like a wood hog...

Really been waiting to see the finished product. I like the smoker well done. What were you fueling it with and how much did it take. Looks like a wood hog...

All I had on hand was some apple chunks and some kingsford comp briquet. filled the basket to the top with briquets(5lbs or so ) and apple and lit a dozen briquets in the chimney then placed them on top.

I had a hard time getting it back to temp after I opened the door at the 4 hr mark, so I added a half chimney of lit briquets. All in all I went through 3/4 of an 11 lb bag and a few chunks of apple in 5 1/2-6 hrs.

I want to see how it'll do with wood next time. I just have to find some.

Nice handiwork! Excellent choice on the accompanying beverage, as well!

Very nice. No left overs only mean one thing and one thing only! MMMMMM Good!

First time I ever saw an offset made out of barrels , Did you cut a barrel into to make the fire box

Nice work, I'd watch out for fibers of fiberglass from that gasket though. Maybe a coat of oil on it until it gets seasoned. Have fun.

First time I ever saw an offset made out of barrels , Did you cut a barrel into to make the fire box

Yes, I started with two barrels and cut the bottom off of one and cut it in half then welded the top back on.

Yes, there are a couple of us that have an offset barrel cooker.

Nice job all the way around dupemaster. Your cooker will just get better and better with age. Well done!

100_1304.jpg

Back