MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Brethren Sales and Ventures > Brethren Ventures > Simply Marvelous BBQ Rubs and Spices

Notices

Simply Marvelous BBQ Rubs and Spices We sell the Simply Marvelous BBQ Rubs and Spices, along with a few select items, that you may find useful for barbecuing or grilling. http://simplymarvelousbbq.com/store/

Old 02-02-2012, 10:17 AM   #1
Big slick
is one Smokin' Farker

Default Simply Marvelous Sweet Seduction

I know many of you on here have already tried this, but for those who haven't I'm telling you... the stuff is AMAZING! It's a flavor unlike the rest of the SM product line. I highly recommend you try this if you're looking for a new dry rub to try. It's just the right amount of sweet and a great spice as well. They change their name from Simply Marvelous to Gods Gift to BBQ! Great product. I just had to brag.

Old 02-02-2012, 10:26 AM   #2
pat
is Blowin Smoke!

It's the bees knees for sure!

Have you tried Simply Marvelous Rubs yet??

Backwoods Party
Ole Hickory CTO
Large Big Green Egg
WSM X 2
Weber Performer
pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 10:28 AM   #3
gtr
somebody shut me the fark up.

Yup - it's one of those "can't miss" things. It's always a good move to use that stuff - everybody loves it!
50" Klose BYC, Spitjack XB85, 22.5 WSM, Backwoods Chubby, UDS, WRK, 26" & 22.5" Weber Kettles, Jumbo Joe, WGA, WSJ/MUDS, Kanka Grill, a piece of expanded metal I throw over the fire pit sometimes, Stealthy Black & Vol Orange Thermapens
Displaced East Tennesseean
Proud recipient of a Tick
Former outlaw MOINK baller, now IMBAS Certified, but still lookin' over my shoulder.
"Relax, it's only BBQ." - Bigmista, 2013
"Don't worry about playing a lot of notes. Just find one pretty one." - Miles Davis
WTFWGALD?
gtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 10:56 AM   #4
bander7003
Full Fledged Farker

ARGG... I just ordered and received some SM cherry and pecan. I debated adding that one... now I can't remember why I didn't. Buyer's remorse for not getting more.

Klose 24x50 BYC
Backwoods Fatboy
Weber Kettle
[COLOR=blue]Rock Chalk Jayhawk Blue[/COLOR][COLOR=black] Thermapen[/COLOR]
Weber Gasser (out of gas)
bander7003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 11:05 AM   #5
cowgirl

Name/Nickname : jeanie

I love Steph's pecan and cherry.... Hope to be Sweetly Seduced soon too.

http://cowgirlscountry.blogspot.com/
cowgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from:--->
Old 02-02-2012, 11:06 AM   #6
gtr

Quote:
Originally Posted by bander7003 View Post
ARGG... I just ordered and received some SM cherry and pecan. I debated adding that one... now I can't remember why I didn't. Buyer's remorse for not getting more.
Yer still in good shape - that's great stuff too!
50" Klose BYC, Spitjack XB85, 22.5 WSM, Backwoods Chubby, UDS, WRK, 26" & 22.5" Weber Kettles, Jumbo Joe, WGA, WSJ/MUDS, Kanka Grill, a piece of expanded metal I throw over the fire pit sometimes, Stealthy Black & Vol Orange Thermapens
Displaced East Tennesseean
Proud recipient of a Tick
Former outlaw MOINK baller, now IMBAS Certified, but still lookin' over my shoulder.
"Relax, it's only BBQ." - Bigmista, 2013
"Don't worry about playing a lot of notes. Just find one pretty one." - Miles Davis
WTFWGALD?
gtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 11:47 AM   #7
Wampus

Yeah and ALL the SM rubs have a distinct and common smell to them I think. Every time I crack the seal on them I say, "Ahhhh....that Simply Marvelous smell!" I don't know what exactly it is, but they all have that "sump'n-sump'n" about them.

But yeah....that Sweet Seduction just brings it up another notch, eh? I like to use that mixed with Season All on ribs. Stuff's got farkin dehydrated honey flakes or somethin!
Old 02-02-2012, 12:10 PM   #8
Cack
is One Chatty Farker

I just got all 4 of their rubs, and one is going on my butt ... my pork butt
Old 02-02-2012, 12:12 PM   #9
Vision
is One Chatty Farker

SM rubs certainly taste good when you sample them, but so far all my cooks have produced very mild results. I'm wondering if you need to put a lot on.
Vision is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from:--->
Old 02-02-2012, 12:24 PM   #10
Wampus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vision View Post
SM rubs certainly taste good when you sample them, but so far all my cooks have produced very mild results. I'm wondering if you need to put a lot on.
I don't put on any more than I do with any other rub. I'm no expert, but I liberally rub all my meats. I shake it on til it won't stick any more.

All I know is I've had plenty of people ask me, "Man....what's that flavor in that bark?"
I reply, "It's Simply Marvelous!"
They say, "Yeah it sure the heck is......but what is it?"

....kind of like that whole "Who's on first" thing......
Old 02-02-2012, 01:44 PM   #11
big brother smoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vision View Post
My process is like Wampus' I sprinke liberally with season all and a flavor rub and let them sweat or fridge for a few hours. Try it!

You can always PM, call or email me for more detailed insights: [email protected] or 805-708-5276

I love talking Q!