Griddle for a Genesis with 2 Side to Side Burners?

Reprobate

Found some matches.
Reaction score
Greetings, nice forum - this one stands out.

I have a Weber Genesis Silver A from 2004 and it only has 2 burners running side to side. I was thinking of getting a large steel griddle top, like a Griddle Master, that covers the whole grilling space. My concern is that the burners are so close to the front and back of my grill that I might have trouble maintaining temps in the center of the griddle, especially with the lid open. Can anyone recommend a good option for a gasser set up like this?

Check out Steelmade. They have a nice heavy griddle top. Friend got one for his Weber gasser. It works pretty well. The heavy top will even out the heat to some degree. Still has area that are a little hotter than others, but pretty good over all.

Best of all, they are made in the USA.

Last edited:
Check out Steelmade. They have a nice heavy griddle top. Friend got one for his Weber gasser. It works pretty well. The heavy top will even out the heat to some degree. Still has area that are a little hotter than others, but pretty good over all.

Best of all, they are made in the USA.

Thanks for the response. That looks like a nice product, unfortunately, it wouldn't fit on my grill. Your friend has a 2 burner set up like mine though?

Obviously depends on your dimensions but I use littlegriddle (x2) on my gasser

They are raised with vertical steel supports underneath and thus helps even out temps. Nice big grease trough and they cook terrific

Heavier pro version or leaner basic version

Love them- they are why I still don’t have a dedicated flat top grill

https://www.littlegriddle.com/collections/all/griddle

Thanks for the response. That looks like a nice product, unfortunately, it wouldn't fit on my grill. Your friend has a 2 burner set up like mine though?

It a Genesis from about the same year as yours. Don't know how many burners it has though. I was thinking 3, but it could be only 2.

I am pretty sure he bought the standard size, but it could be one of their special order sizes.

Thanks for the suggestions. I think to get the right coverage, I might get something custom made. My grill space is 23 1/4" x 15 1/4". I put an email into Griddle Master about my 2 burner set up, but haven't heard back.

Another option is GrillGrates griddle plates. They're anodized aluminum and conduct heat better than ferrous metals.

https://www.grillgrate.com/griddles/

What Joe said. You can turn them upside down for griddle or flip them for grilling. You can have one and one if you like. They make custom for your gasser. My Daughter has the same one you have.

Good Luck with your decision. :grin:

Back