• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Back from NC...dont view when hungry

motley que

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
After 8 Days in Topsail Island, I am back in my own bed. My wifes family does an annual reunion there and we rent a large house and hang out and eat. my job is to cook most of the dinners and appetizers ala guac, abt, pig kisses etc. I cooked all week on 1 bag of rancher, including an 8 hour cook of a butt and 5 days of abt's, Drink of the week was Margaritas, followed by Peach and/or Strawberry moonshine (thanks uncle marker) and beer

I didnt take pics of my kabobs marinated in a Korean style Bulgolki marinade. We went through a 4lb pack of costco bacon in a week...MMM

so here we go...

cooker.. oh yeah these can do butts
IMG_0481.jpg

Beverage

IMG_0486.jpg

Butt

IMG_0487.jpg

IMG_0489.jpg

Beans (Keri C style).
IMG_0491.jpg

crabs - before eating, and the end of day 1 of eating
IMG_0575-1.jpg

IMG_0577.jpg

Bacon Wrapped Filet
IMG_0525.jpg

Apps
IMG_0531.jpg

I just ate, and I'm still hungry after your pics! That is just beatiful!
How did the fillets come out? Can you share your technique?

nice, motley, very nice. Just goes to show what a real cook can do, even with minimal equipment.

Of course, I did not heed your warning and looked at this while hungry.
NOW I AM FAMISHED.

225 blue crabs = 500 1/2 crab pieces, that pile didnt inclued our third batch that we cooked up

Motley, That is great looking and good to see you can do butts on a regular kettle style grill/pit. That is what I am using for now, how long did that one take?

Looking good Motley, Topsail is my first choice when we go to the beach, I like it on the island.

AWESOME is all I can say... We will be in Maryland next month and one of our first stops will be at a crab house for steamed crabs.

WOW! Those look awesome. Thanks for sharing. I'm going to stop reading now as I'm starving again!

Whoa, all that great food AND you were able to get shined up at night .... Man, it don't get any better'n that. :mrgreen:

How did you cook that many crabs? Big a$$ steamer?

Wow! Hat's off to ya Motley! Nice job on that Swinger grill!

Brian

That all looks great.... but man I need some blue crabs!!! I made crab cakes last night but I need to do a big a** crab pickin!!

Motley 'had' crabs, pass it on.
What a great fest of food. Looks like this vacation was a good one.

Back