Honda 2000 (x2) vs Honda 3000 vs Kipor 3000

Plowboy

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Looking to buy a generator to be used at comp with Randy's concession trailer or my travel trailer. I want to run the air in the summer, so a single Honda EU2000 is out. Anyone have experience or recommendations on duplexing two 2000's or running a single EU3000? What about the Kipor with the 3000 amp plug?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270098901271

I've seen (not heard! They are very quiet!) the Honda EU3000...very nice generators.

Todd,
Andy has a Kipor and he seems really like it. I can say that it is extremely quite and will power his AC AND microwave and a FEC`100. Very efficient in gas as well. I'm sure he will chime in.

Don't forget Yamaha. I have a EF1000iS, it is too small for what you need but it runs my FE, the lights, and radio and is very quiet. They make bigger ones comparable to the Honda 3000.

Plowboy said:
Looking to buy a generator to be used at comp with Randy's concession trailer or my travel trailer. I want to run the air in the summer, so a single Honda EU2000 is out. Anyone have experience or recommendations on duplexing two 2000's or running a single EU3000? What about the Kipor with the 3000 amp plug?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270098901271

Hey, Plowboy, ya sure that is 3000 amps, not 3000 watts. sounds like a lot of current to me.:biggrin:

qman said:
Hey, Plowboy, ya sure that is 3000 amps, not 3000 watts. sounds like a lot of current to me.:biggrin:

Oops. Looks like I was zero happy.

:wink: When you get a generator and air I will be sure to see how well it works.:wink:

I looked hard at the yamaha, honda, and Kipor. The Kipor is by far the least expensive solution. The yamaha that will power an A/C is $2400. Two Honda 2000's is almost that much once you buy the parallel kit... or you could get the 3000i. The Kipor I have is the KGE3500ti. (it is now the 3000ti) It is VERY quiet. I have had two honda owners tell me it is quieter than thier 2000i's. Also, it does have a 30AMP plug. It has electric start, and a smart throttle, that throttles down when full load isnt needed. It will power my A/C, but it can't have lots of other stuff going when the A/C kicks on. Other than that, it is as Wayne says, it will run everything no problem. I might even know where you can pick up one that has only been used twice. A friend of mine got one for his toy hauler, then ended up buying a Four Winds Fun Mover, that had a 4K watt Onan on board. If he hasnt sold it yet, I bet you could pick it up for a few hundred less than new.

I bought mine at home depot. It has a 50amp service. Great for my trailer. The biggest generator they had!!!!!! Big mistake on my part!!!! it is the loudest earth shaking generator you have ever heard.
Oh !!!!did I mention I have a wonderful generator for sale???
Slightly used

Plowboy I have a EI3000 that I use with my trailer at comps and racing runs everything I need with no problem. This past ice storm we were out of power for three days, hooked this babe up to the water well, two friges and freezers, some lights and fireplace blower never had a problem. JMO I would check in to this unit, paid around 1800.00 but was worth it, quiet, 7-8 hour run time on one tank of fuel, electric start, somewhat light to load ( me and misses can do) check it out.

I would get two EU2000s. Use one when you need limited power and use two together when you need more. About the same cost as a single EU3000. Easier to load also. Parallel kit is nothing more than two plugs connected together. You can make one with $25 worth of parts from Lowes! I had the link for the kit at one time. I will post it if I find it. May be on my machine at work. I googled it up.
Since these are inverter generators they are very efficient and quiet. They only run the needed RPMs to provide the required load. Non-inverter types have to run at a fixed RPM to maintain 60Hz current. A friend of mine has the EU2000 and uses it at his hunting camp. Sometimes he is just watching the TV and others he is using the microwave. It has no problem idleing up and down to meet the load.

Thanks to Andy, I'm picking up a barely used Kipor 3000 tonight with the 30 amp RV twist plug. Its from a friend of his. $850 in total. Maybe a knock off, but a heck of a price compared to the $1800 Honda 3000.

Ran the Kipor this weekend and got almost 9 hours of service and still had gas in the 3.5 gallon tank. A five gallon gas can lasted us all weekend. It rocks!!

Plowboy said:
Ran the Kipor this weekend and got almost 9 hours of service and still had gas in the 3.5 gallon tank. A five gallon gas can lasted us all weekend. It rocks!!

That is similar to our experience. The "smart throttle" feature is huge. It also whispers in that mode :biggrin: Even in summer running at full tilt with the A/C going on the camper.... it isn't a gas hog.

Glad I was able to get you and nate together on it.... Did you see the reason why he didnt need it anymore?:shock:

HoDeDo said:
That is similar to our experience. The "smart throttle" feature is huge. It also whispers in that mode :biggrin: Even in summer running at full tilt with the A/C going on the camper.... it isn't a gas hog.

Glad I was able to get you and nate together on it.... Did you see the reason why he didnt need it anymore?:shock:

Yeah, I owe you big time. I'm super happy!

Back