MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 09-24-2013, 06:37 PM   #1
klawrence
Found some matches.

Default The CL Gods are smiling on me...

I just picked up my newest score, a 2004 Weber Performer for $50 bucks on CL. I had to rent a truck to get it ($2, but it was worth it. It's in mint shape. The guy threw in an incredibly large stainless wok, a cover, a Weber salt/pepper shaker (not sure what to do with these since I have that covered in the house), a weber beer can chick stand, and a container that's suppose to be used for soaking chips (not sure I'll use this either since I already have an offset and don't often soak my chips). I reached out to Weber to see if the warranty would cover a kettle and lid replacement, but it's really just slightly faded/warn so I doubt they will.

Earlier in the summer I picked a green 1990 for $50 that needed a ton of parts replaced. So I order about $80 worth of parts from Weber, and have been using it all Summer.

Wife says one has to go, which I understand since we live in the city and only have a small patio space for all the grills. The '04 is in better shape overall, the '90 has some rust on the frame, but it solid over all. The '90 currently doesn't have a small tank on it, but I did find a place the would fill on for me if I got a new one with quick connect. They also pointed me in the direction where I could get one. Not sure what grill to keep. Thoughts?

Pictures to come...
klawrence is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-24-2013, 06:53 PM   #2
Callahan-que
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Rick

Great score! Are you in Somerville Ma.?

Old 09-24-2013, 07:55 PM   #3
Harbormaster
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : Clark

Quote:
Originally Posted by klawrence View Post
The guy threw in an incredibly large stainless wok
That may be a 70s vintage Weber wok. Does it have three brackets on it that let it sit on the rim of a Weber kettle? If it does, it's a Weber and worth more than you paid for the Performer. But it's NOT stainless and needs to be cared for accordingly.

Quote:
Pictures to come...
Looking forward to those. Post one of the wok!
Brinkman Cimmaron.
"For when democracy becomes tyranny, those of us with rifles still get to vote"
Harbormaster is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 09-24-2013, 09:06 PM   #4
IamMadMan

Nice Score.... Looking forward to pictures.
IamMadMan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-24-2013, 09:20 PM   #5
jeffturnerjr
is One Chatty Farker

Tough decision... Personally, I'm going with the performer. My goal is cooking, not a show. An almost brand new performer will get the job done.

Old 09-25-2013, 02:23 AM   #6
sliding_billy

Name/Nickname : )

Nice score!
sliding_billy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-25-2013, 05:17 AM   #7
Diesel Dave
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Great score! Waiting to see the pics of it

Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring ― Marilyn Monroe
Diesel Dave is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-25-2013, 07:03 AM   #8
RT
Full Fledged Farker

No Pics?
RT is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-25-2013, 08:01 AM   #9
aawa
Babbling Farker

Nice score!

If you have a pictures of that wok, I would be willing to make you an offer for it.

Old 09-25-2013, 09:38 AM   #10
SmokinJohn
Babbling Farker

Quote:
I just picked up my newest score, a 2004 Weber Performer for $50 bucks on CL. I had to rent a truck to get it ($2, but it was worth it. It's in mint shape. The guy threw in an incredibly large stainless wok, a cover, a Weber salt/pepper shaker (not sure what to do with these since I have that covered in the house), a weber beer can chick stand, and a container that's suppose to be used for soaking chips (not sure I'll use this either since I already have an offset and don't often soak my chips). I reached out to Weber to see if the warranty would cover a kettle and lid replacement, but it's really just slightly faded/warn so I doubt they will.

Earlier in the summer I picked a green 1990 for $50 that needed a ton of parts replaced. So I order about $80 worth of parts from Weber, and have been using it all Summer.

Wife says one has to go, which I understand since we live in the city and only have a small patio space for all the grills. The '04 is in better shape overall, the '90 has some rust on the frame, but it solid over all. The '90 currently doesn't have a small tank on it, but I did find a place the would fill on for me if I got a new one with quick connect. They also pointed me in the direction where I could get one. Not sure what grill to keep. Thoughts?

Pictures to come...
Can you change wives?

I'm just sayin'.......

Thanks from:--->
Old 09-25-2013, 04:30 PM   #11
klawrence
Found some matches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J'ville Grill View Post
Great score! Are you in Somerville Ma.?
Yep, home of the delicous Redbones BBQ.

Old 09-25-2013, 04:32 PM   #12
klawrence
Found some matches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harbormaster View Post
That may be a 70s vintage Weber wok. Does it have three brackets on it that let it sit on the rim of a Weber kettle? If it does, it's a Weber and worth more than you paid for the Performer. But it's NOT stainless and needs to be cared for accordingly.

Looking forward to those. Post one of the wok!
I'll be sure to pst one of the wok. If it's like a regular wok then I'll be sure to season it properly. My regular one is very well seasoned and cared for, so once I know what I have I'll be sure to keep it in good condition.

Old 09-27-2013, 10:46 AM   #13
midwest_kc
is one Smokin' Farker

Name/Nickname : Joel

Quote:
Wife says one has to go
I'm sure you'll miss her

Old 10-02-2013, 08:58 AM   #14
klawrence
Found some matches.

Sorry I'm so bad at pictures guys. Here's the wok:

Old 10-02-2013, 09:31 AM   #15
peeps

Quote:
Sorry I'm so bad at pictures guys. Here's the wok:

- [B][COLOR="darkorange"]Major[/COLOR][/B] - Mini WSM (from SJS)

[B][COLOR="Blue"]Certified IMBAS MOINK Baller![/COLOR][/B] ([URL="http://bit.ly/1lr5cKx"]Certificate of Authenticity[/URL]) / [B][COLOR="Blue"]Join the fun in the [URL="http://bit.ly/1ew3H57"]Throwdowns[/URL]![/COLOR][/B]
peeps is offline   Reply With Quote