Clarification requested. If you enter more than one entry and one gets votes but the other does not. Does this qualify you for the Zero club?
Yes, the Zero is earned for the dish. The idea is that the dish was worthy of votes, but for some reason did not get any. Gore can correct me if I am wrong, after all he created the Zero's club!:becky:

Yes, the Zero is earned for the dish. The idea is that the dish was worthy of votes, but for some reason did not get any. Gore can correct me if I am wrong, after all he created the Zero's club!:becky:

Earlier we thought it wasn't quite fair because some people submitted multiple entries, I believe even multiple pics of the same dish, getting zeros this way. If they are different dishes, I have no problem at all. Heck, I'm easy. :shocked:

And ---k---, why are you asking? Do you really think you have what it takes? :becky:

First Fatty & Brethren MOINK Balls

This is my 100th "quality" post and faced with my status changing from "Knows what a fatty is" I thought I'd better make a fatty while I still know what it is! :wink: I can't think of a better place to share my 100th post than in this SPECIAL throwdown.

In addition to the fatty, I needed some MOINK balls as appetizers to take to my neighbor's holiday party last night. For the MOINK balls, I decided to use some fine products made by our fellow Brethren.

I started off with my first ever fatty and went with a pizza inspired fatty with the following ingredients:
IMG_6747.jpg

I rolled out the sausage:
IMG_6753.jpg

Topped it with mozarella cheese, pizza sauce, and bell peppers:
IMG_6755.jpg

Rolled it up and put it on a frogmat:
IMG_6759.jpg

I then topped it off with a dusting of Simply Marvelous Cherry Rub and then got started on the MOINK balls.

Here's what I chose to use for the MOINK balls:
IMG_6764.jpg

I decided to make the MOINKs seasoned and sauced two ways both using Brethren products :thumb:. For one half, I paired Simply Marvelous Sweet & Spicy with Big Butz Cranberry B-B-Q Sauce. For the other half of the batch, I went with Ployboys Yardbird Rub and Big Butz Hot B-B-Q Sauce.

Here's some dusted with the Sweet & Spicy rub:
IMG_6770.jpg

and some dusted with the Yardbird rub:
IMG_6769.jpg

The 42 MOINK balls then joined the fatty out on Jabba the XL Egg:
IMG_6774.jpg

The finished MOINK balls:
IMG_6778.jpg

and my first fatty (please use this as my TD entry pic. Kicking myself for not putting some MOINK balls around this fatty for a nice combo :tsk:):
IMG_6785.jpg

The MOINK balls (40 in all, 2 disappeared in a quality control test :-D) were a BIG hit at the party. We set them down on a table crowded with appetizers (right next to big plate of swedish meatballs) and went to get some drinks. On the way to get the drinks we chatted with neighbors and ultimately it took us around 15-20 minutes to return to the table only to find about 5 MOINK balls left and a few people talking about how good they were. Note to self: make a double batch next time. It was fun to see people tasting their first ever MOINK balls. The looks on their faces was great!

Thanks for this special throwdown and looking at my 100th post!

Earlier we thought it wasn't quite fair because some people submitted multiple entries, I believe even multiple pics of the same dish, getting zeros this way. If they are different dishes, I have no problem at all. Heck, I'm easy. :shocked:

And ---k---, why are you asking? Do you really think you have what it takes? :becky:

I'm already in the Zero club! :thumb: Remember my apple entry that I thought for sure would take first. :crazy:

I was asking because Campdude said something about entering multiple dishes and maybe one would get him in the zero club. Just wanted a confirmation on how easy you are. :p

Fantastic looking MOINK and Fatty there!:thumb: I have to admit, I love the colors and textures in the Fatty pic, but the MOINK pic has a lot of cool depth and directional contrasts. I don't think you can go wrong with either pic, but since I have never won you might not want to take my advice for much!:laugh:

I'm already in the Zero club! :thumb: Remember my apple entry that I thought for sure would take first. :crazy:

I was asking because Campdude said something about entering multiple dishes and maybe one would get him in the zero club. Just wanted a confirmation on how easy you are. :p

I guess it would really be something to win a throwdown with one dish and get a zero with another. Oh, I remember your apples and I bet they tasted really good. And as far as being easy, well, :icon_blush:

Those MOINKs look great. :thumb: No offense, and just me, but I might vote for the MOINKs over the fattie.

No offense taken! I struggled with the decision to post the MOINKs or the fatty.

Fantastic looking MOINK and Fatty there!:thumb: I have to admit, I love the colors and textures in the Fatty pic, but the MOINK pic has a lot of cool depth and directional contrasts. I don't think you can go wrong with either pic, but since I have never won you might not want to take my advice for much!:laugh:

I like the colors on the Fatty but I'm color blind! Ultimately I decided against using the MOINK ball pic as I noticed a little char on some of them in the pic and I know I can take a better pic of MOINK balls (I have plenty more meatballs & there's still time to make more and submit another TD entry! :laugh:)

This is my 100th "quality" post and faced with my status changing from "Knows what a fatty is" I thought I'd better make a fatty while I still know what it is!
The finished MOINK balls:

Thanks for this special throwdown and looking at my 100th post!

Very impressive job on both the fatty and the moink balls. I actually *gasp* have not made either yet, but after seeing your post I am inspired to give both a try. NOW.

--Jonny Rotisserie

Virgins my foot! These folks are GOOD! Great entry's by all:clap2:

Back