MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 11-28-2012, 04:44 PM   #1
MeatyOakerSmoker
is One Chatty Farker

Default Not Strictly BBQ but Grilling - radiant quartz technology

Hello

I have a friend looking for a new grill. He's a big fan of charcoal but I think the convenience factor is swaying him towards an alternative. I have no real experience in anything but charcoal grills and gas grills.

Anyone know anything about these RQT grills?

http://www.barbequesgalore.com.au/pr....aspx?id=20376

Here's a little snippet from the website:
Quote:
Radiant Quartz Technology (RQT)
The Radiant Quartz Technology (RQT) has been designed and developed in Australia. Its infra-red burner delivers radiant heat directly under the food Radiant infra-red heat is far more efficient at transforming heat to food than traditional convention gas flame systems which can dry out and burn
Thanks
Sam
18.5" WSM (Model #2820)
UDS
La Caja China
COS - Oklahoma Joe Highlander
Lang 48 Patio
Grilla Silverbac Original
Formerly known as IbrahimSS
MeatyOakerSmoker is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-28-2012, 05:26 PM   #2
ManakooraMan
Knows what a fatty is.

look like one ceramic burner to me. always wanted a salamander but overhead kind. I have a semi functional rotisserie type ceramic burner on the back of my weber summit but the angle makes it hard to get an even cook. but still better in my opinion than this aussie setup, the underneath frame lidat will get rusted out fairly quick (yes even stainless due to high heat).
ManakooraMan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-28-2012, 05:58 PM   #3
Gore
Phizzy

Location: Hiding out from blood suck ghost snake gods, Nazis and scrap iron chefs trying to harvest body parts
Name/Nickname : Gore (surprise!)

It looks pretty, ... but there are a lot of things I'd buy before I got one of those. If he wants convenience and would consider paying that much, I'd steer him toward a pellet pooper, like a Yoder.
(='.'=) This is the rabbit baby. Invests him in yours signature,
(")_(") and the help rabbit baby takes over control of the world!
Hmmmm, I wonder, WWGALD? Avatar courtesy of Grillman and NorthwestBBQ

Promoted by Bigabyte to "Idiot #1" , and dubbed "Phizzy" by Sir Ron.
Gore is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-28-2012, 06:15 PM   #4
chad
somebody shut me the fark up.

I use an IR searing burner on my gasser. Love it to mark steaks. With it and my regular burners I have our sirloins med-rare in about 5 minutes. I also use it to saute onions and other veg...I like it a lot better than a regular side burner you see on most grills. I also have the IR on the back of the main chamber for use with the rotisserie. You have to use it "as intended" and get used to the really high heat, but for grilling it is great.

"It's all about getting paid!" - Myron Mixon
"I love being hated in my hometown!" - David Hair

KingFisher Gator Rotisserie cooker (RIP), WSM (RIP), Stainless 5 burner with IR gas grill (RIP), Turkey Fryer, Weber JD Commemorative grill (RIP), Masterbuilt 40" insulated ELECTRIC smoker (new heating element),
Pit Boss Tailgater pellet pooper.
chad is offline   Reply With Quote