Meadowcreek PR60-Decent smoker too??

fireman_pete

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Hi All,

I am looking to add a second smoker to my arsenal for larger catering gigs, and to have the ability to cook a whole hog.

The Meadowreek PR60 has my attention. My main cooker is an FEC100, and a couple of Traegers. This is what I use at comps, and are good there.

However, we do catering, and I have the need to cook up to 300 pounds at one time (The FEC is good up to about 100 ounds) I also want to offer the ability to cook a whole hog.

I am looking at the Meadowcreek PR60 Pig Roaster. Now, I know it does a great job at roasting a pig. My question is how well will it work as a smoker for pork butts & briskets? I have a feeling it burn quite a bit of charcoal for a 10-12 hour cook, but figure if I added a Guru or Stoker that would help.

Looking for feedback from anyone who uses a PR60 (or other Meadowcreek smoker) for pork butts, brisket, etc.

Thanks

Pete

I have no experience with the Meadowcreek smokers but I did go to their web site and they look like a quality cooker.

They definitely are quality cookers, and I don't see why it wouldn't cook a shoulder or brisket nicely. Their website actually recommends you smoke butts and briskets on 'em. As far as fuel consumption, I'm not 100% sure but I think it would have about the same efficiency as an offset of a similar size. JMO.

Cheers

Attachments

• screen-capture-432.jpg
    screen-capture-432.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 287
Pete Im doing peoples choice on the pr72 at Harrahs RIncon contest this weekend...butts and ribs..come check it out I will be using the bbq42 chicken cooker there too......

I am trying to get out there on Saturday.

Of course, this is your fault BP, I am looking at the Meadowcreek because of you :-D Which is ALL Good. I will be buying a BBQ42 for chicken, that thing is awesome.

Thanks

Pete

Pete Im doing peoples choice on the pr72 at Harrahs RIncon contest this weekend...butts and ribs..come check it out I will be using the bbq42 chicken cooker there too......

Back