ribs and onion rings

OUT OF ORDER

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Photo_042.jpg

smoked the ribs at 220 for the 3-2-1 and smoked the onion for about 1 hr at 200 to 150 about to cut and eat will post pics of cut ribs i think these are going to be some of my best :icon_devil:icon_devil:icon_devil:icon_devil

having pic diff but none the less the ribs texture was def. the best ive ever made im very happy with them

The ribs look awesome.

I'm not sure about the mustard slather on those onion rings... :evil: :eek:

Nice job on the ribs and the rings.

Did yours fall off the bone with the 3-2-1???

I did my last 3-2-1's @ 225 and wasn't particularly pleased with the texture. I like a little "pull" from my ribs

gotta big smoke going on saturday, and will have to try those onion rings, but could you please let us know just how you prepared them before smoking:p

gotta big smoke going on saturday, and will have to try those onion rings, but could you please let us know just how you prepared them before smoking:p
sorry man this wont take long all i did was cut the onion and left it in the slices then set the slices on the grill all the way away from fire and smoked at 200 to 150 for like 45 min to an hr i would prob leave on just a little longer next time then just battered and fried very simple and tender hope this helps sorry if i missed your party deadline:icon_devil:icon_devil:icon_devil:icon_devil:icon_devil

Nice job on the ribs and the rings.

Did yours fall off the bone with the 3-2-1???

I did my last 3-2-1's @ 225 and wasn't particularly pleased with the texture. I like a little "pull" from my ribs
man the ribs that i just did had a very small amount of pull, you could pick them up and they looked like they were going to suck at first glance but then i just pulled on one bearley and it came apart like a good piece of brisket they were the best ribs ive done with this method or any other for that matter the only thing i did was instead of the cooler i just let them run on the smoker for the last hr and let the fire go down heat fell to about 150 and then set them in the oven as i did the ring no heat in oven so the answer to your question in my opinion i think that any judge would have given a very good score for texture on that batch :icon_devil:icon_devil:icon_devil:icon_devil

Work on your rings? They look great - what type of batter?
batter was mcormicks onion ring batter , i will prob. mod the mix to less water next time to get more of a coat but good none the less
:icon_devil:icon_devil:icon_devil:icon_devil

Nice job. I'm stuffed after pigging out on Q all day and those pics still make me hungry.

Back