KC Bash Quick Poll - Locations

Where should we have the bash this October?

• Basswood RV Park - Platte City, MO (last year's location)

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Metro KOA - Lawrence, KS. (Site with most flexibility)

Votes: 5 83.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

HoDeDo

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Folks -
Per Kim's post here: http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showpost.php?p=699413&postcount=46

We have a couple of options for location. Please pick one here and that will let us have an idea of who we should continue to work with to get our sites reserved. We can continue with Basswood, but will be split up somewhat, with cabins spread around.

KOA has sites together, and will give us a 10% discount on sites, as well as free reservation of their pavillion. KOA is also 30 min closer to all the southern folks.... 30 min further for the northern folks...

Yeah but Lawrence, Kansas is in Kansux! LOL! I'm out anyway. Now if you found a place over in Independence near where I'll be putting on this BBQ contest...

Yeah but Lawrence, Kansas is in Kansux! LOL! I'm out anyway. Now if you found a place over in Independence near where I'll be putting on this BBQ contest...

Give it up Jeff. :roll:

Either place would be fine, but Lawrence would be closer and I do have this liking for Lawrence.

I don't own Berkenstocks or eat Granola. Will the people of Lawrence let me in if I'm able to make it?

Both are about the same distance from me, Larryville is probably even closer but since I don't know if I'll be able to make it or not and both places are 6 one way and a 1/2 dozen the other ... I'll exercise my 13th Brethran right ... not to vote.

BTW, if we have it in KS will that bump the state up to the 49th in the national tourism ranking? I think the Griswald's were the last tourists to lodge in the state of Kansas.

I don't own Berkenstocks or eat Granola. Will the people of Lawrence let me in if I'm able to make it?

Both are about the same distance from me, Larryville is probably even closer but since I don't know if I'll be able to make it or not and both places are 6 one way and a 1/2 dozen the other ... I'll exercise my 13th Brethran right ... not to vote.

BTW, if we have it in KS will that bump the state up to the 49th in the national tourism ranking? I think the Griswald's were the last tourists to lodge in the state of Kansas.

Bobby, Bobby, Bobby, Bobby. :roll:

I think the KOA is bending over backwards for us and Basswoods doesn't feel the need. It is further for us yes, but if nothing else, we can throw the backwoods into the bed of the truck and head down and not pull the trailer. Just stay in a cabin.
I say go for it! And thanks for the leg work on this Kim

I been to both parks, (testing the R.V before take-off). I love basswood, no reason to leave, ton of stuff to do, liquor/pizza/general store on site! Taco hell, QT, and store just a couple minutes away(well, about 5 minutes away). KOA is fine, but that is it. no reason to stick around, except probally the bash being there. but then again, a ton of bars, downtown, ect. is just around the corner,,, both have the good points. I would vote for basswood, but if people like nitelife, the college town is just FINE!

EDIT: forgot that they do have stuff for the kids(fishing, play area), and adults, year around swimming! (Basswood that is)

Last edited:
I been to both parks, (testing the R.V before take-off). I love basswood, no reason to leave, ton of stuff to do, liquor/pizza/general store on site! Taco hell, QT, and store just a couple minutes away(well, about 5 minutes away). KOA is fine, but that is it. no reason to stick around, except probally the bash being there. but then again, a ton of bars, downtown, ect. is just around the corner,,, both have the good points. I would vote for basswood, but if people like nitelife, the college town is just FINE!

EDIT: forgot that they do have stuff for the kids(fishing, play area), and adults, year around swimming! (Basswood that is)

Have you not been to a Bash yet? The Bash IS nightlife! :wink:

FYI The Official site for the Bash will be the Lawrence KOA. I just rented a cabin for 2 days. Has a full size bed and 2 bunks. Just under $100 for the weekend with wi-fi included. Sounds like a good deal. Get your reservations in ASAP and make sure to talk with Harold or Michelle and tell them you are with the BBQ Brethren group. Call 785-842-3877.

FYI The Official site for the Bash will be the Lawrence KOA. I just rented a cabin for 2 days. Has a full size bed and 2 bunks. Just under $100 for the weekend with wi-fi included. Sounds like a good deal. Get your reservations in ASAP and make sure to talk with Harold or Michelle and tell them you are with the BBQ Brethren group. Call 785-842-3877.

You nailed it. They are willing to work nicely with us. They have given us 10% off the rates on all cabins and sites, and thrown in the pavillion for the weekend for free (Typically $75 I believe per day)

I believe if they were to run out of cabins, they also have some 25 and 30 ft. cruise america campers for rent.

We're excited to see everyone again, and looking forward to any additional folks that can make it out!!!

We have our site reserved. Pull-through site with full hook-ups. As Steve mentions - just use the Group name when you make your reservation, and they will ensure you are in our block of sites, and that you get the discounted rate.

I really like Basswood too, but they were going to have to separate us too much. My concern for being that separated is that we would have to be "really really" quiet. The way is was going to be at Basswood was the RV spots were open, but the cabins surrounding them were already booked. The RV spot we were in was the "meeting" place. Last year there were some of us who stayed up late talking, laughing, cooking, someone went on a midnight drive on "my rented golf cart":evil::lol: (I now know to take the keys with me:wink:).

As food goes....Lawrence is a wonderful place! Almost everything delivers! Even at 3 am you can still get Pizza Shuttle!:wink:

Back