• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Orgreenic pan, not so much about bbq.

Mo-Dave

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Mod not sure wee to post this so move if you need to.

I am wondering if anyone here has bought one of these orgreenic pans and what your experience with them has been. My Daughter bought one and loves it, said it preformed just like the info commercial on tv said it would. Against my better judgement, I got one for my wife, she has been wanting one for a long time, I followed the directions and seasoned it just like the directions said to do, which struck me as odd, being it is a none stick, but did it anyway. This has proven to be the worst pan I have ever owned or used, unless I put a good 1/4 inch of cooking oil in it everything stick and not just a little, even with the oil things may still stick just not as bad. You can't chisel it out, and now it has all kinds of dark burnt stains in it that refuse to come off. My Daughter did not even season her's and as I stated it has been great for her. Went to the web for reviews and it seems its almost a 50/50 crap shoot if yours will do as it says it will, no matter if it is seasoned or not, plus I notice a very strong odder like melting or burning plastic. I toasted some buns to make roast beef dunkers out of a tri-tip I cooked Sunday, it was as if I glued the buns to the pan, it was so bad I had to use another pan to get the job done.

What has your experience been with them?
Dave

I don't experience with that pan, but I would contact their customer service--hopefully they'll replace it for you.

I typically stay clear of "as-seen-on-tv" items, so I can't share an experience with those pans. Though I will say the commercial reeks of a cheesy gimmick product to my eyes/ears.

I tried a few of those types of pans, but, not that brand. For me, short of Scanpan, the best one has been the Aeternum pans from Bialetti. They are terrific, last at least 2 years and are the best non-stick pan I have used.

Mrs ~t~ bought one of those green pans. I did the same thing as far as seasoning and actually was pretty careful with it. About 3 weeks later I realized we were burned on the deal. For some reason we saved the round paper label, but guess what.... there was no address, website or phone number to call to make a warranty claim.

I tried a few of those types of pans, but, not that brand. For me, short of Scanpan, the best one has been the Aeternum pans from Bialetti. They are terrific, last at least 2 years and are the best non-stick pan I have used.

Glad you had better luck with Scanpan. I got almost my first full set replaced (they paid shipping on that one), then 3 or 4 more times with skillets (I had to pay return shipping). I'm at the point I'm on the lookout for another brand.

I don't experience with that pan, but I would contact their customer service--hopefully they'll replace it for you.

I would have to pay almost half the cost of what the pan cost for shipping just to get one that may not be any better, so I am not doing that, it will go into the trash before I start doing that.
Dave

I typically stay clear of "as-seen-on-tv" items, so I can't share an experience with those pans. Though I will say the commercial reeks of a cheesy gimmick product to my eyes/ears.

I do as well, but because of my Daughter's glowing review, and my wife wanting one for so long. The commercial is on a lot, I laugh because part of the testimony shows a pan full of rocks being rolled around in the pan with no damage being done to the surface, now I wonder if that is how you are supposed to clean them.:biggrin1:
Dave

If you can, order the Bialetti Aeternum skillet, the small one. I never go higher than medium heat, and always use a little butter with my eggs. But, the best fried egg pan I have ever used.

If you can, order the Bialetti Aeternum skillet, the small one. I never go higher than medium heat, and always use a little butter with my eggs. But, the best fried egg pan I have ever used.

But can it cook a square egg? I'm sure this was made for making fried egg sandwiches.

DSC09016b.jpg

DSC09024a.jpg

I have bought really cheap pans from walmart that preformed much better than this, so I was hopping for a little better performance than we got.
Dave

is it the as seen on tv one they sell at walmart? i got the green one for under?$20and Love it...no joke,use it almost daily for omletts...no oil, just eggs and meat...have never seen a review on them,this was a blind purchase...have had it for 2 months...hope it holds up.

Yes medium or lower, I like my eggs sunny side up so low heat it is.
Dave

is it the as seen on tv one they sell at walmart? i got the green one for under?$20and Love it...no joke,use it almost daily for omletts...no oil, just eggs and meat...have never seen a review on them,this was a blind purchase...have had it for 2 months...hope it holds up.

It seems from the reviews I read if it is working good for you then it will likely always be good to you, but if not it never will. I did not buy it at walmart, but that is what I should have done.
Dave

I bought one of the green pans (under $20) a little over a year ago. Then my sister in law sent me another one....so I have two.
One of them is doing great but the other one has little scratches (my fault) and now food sticks.
I think they can be re seasoned like cast iron if needed but I haven't tried it. I'm sure it won't work on my scratched one though.

I love the one that still works.

The restaurant my wife works at, Meriweather's in Portand OR, swears by these pans for eggs. It is the only thing they use the pans for.

My wife and I use one at home and love it. It is our only non stick pan. I use CI for the most part, our set is aluminum pans.

Back