FamilyManBBQ

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
097-1.jpg

...not that one...

090-1.jpg

...this one (on the right)!! :-D

094-1.jpg

After testing the fit (almost fit the smokey joe like it was GrOwN for it), we cut out the bottom.

095-1.jpg

Drilled our vent holes.

099-1.jpg

Prepped our fire. Used a little foil to get a better seal between pumpkin and smokey joe.

104-1.jpg

Placed the puMpKin on the smokey Joe and waited for the ThiN BlUe...

109-1.jpg

PuFfing AlOnG..

119-1.jpg

Figured we better install a ThErMO..

124-1.jpg

After about 90 minutes...were a little DiStRActEd carving our other pumpkins.

125-1.jpg

Here's what the inside looked like when finished...BlAcK side closest to FIRe!

Katie's fatty was pretty tasty!! JD Maple with some Pauk Kirk Millenium rub (two of her favorite things in the world)!! Piece of random wood from our grab bag...I'm guess had to be oak or cherry (cuz those are the boxes that got spilled, sucked on, tossed about by Katie's little brother).

This was a pretty fun way to smoke, for sure. Got inspired when I saw the pumpkin sitting next to the Smokey Joe (like in second pic). This pumpkin was almost a perfect fit...next time I'm gonna measure at the pumpkin patch (get one that fits the joe exactly)!!

HaPpY HaLLoWEen BrEThREn!! :-D

Very clever!

Tell Katie that I highly approve of her decision to cook a naked fatty! (You can change the words to be more kid-friendly :-D)

Very clever!

Tell Katie that I highly approve of her decision to cook a naked fatty! (You can change the words to be more kid-friendly :-D)

Thanks! She likes to keep 'em simple, for sure...just the JD Maple (her fave) and whatever rub she's feeling at the moment...

That is way cool!! I wouldn't have thought a pumpkin would stand up to the heat.

Yeah. I was a little worried. Kept an eye on it while we carved our other pumpkins...seem none the worse for wear though. It's still standing now, two days later!! :-D

My kid is pretty impressed by that. Nice work.

She wants to know how you got a pumpkin that big. :)

Homeschool field trip to the pumpkin patch!! :-D

Well, after braving the corn maze with around about 10 kids, I just looked for the biggest pumpkin I could make one of them push back to the car with a wheelbarrow (just kidding...I got to push)!! :becky:

Back