Inadvertent craigslist find...happy,happy,happy !!

WildmanWilson

Reaction score
So here is the story...

I go to buy a used fridge on local craigslist for my shop and the guy has it in his basement so I pass after working to get it out. He calls the next day and he says its outside if I still want it. I told him I would give him 80 instead of the 100 he wanted because I have to make a second trip. He said fine....I get there and he has it next to a Holland grill on his patio. Being the outdoor cook I am I ask how he likes it and he said he doesn't use it much and would sell it for $20 if I wanted it. It even had a half full tank of propane so how could I pass. Its the Heritage Plus model and it is in very good shape. Just missing the knobs on the front that will cost about 6 bucks each. It does have the stainless side burner as well. I'm never one of those lucky guys but my time came around today. If I don't like it I think I can get my money back...haha !!

This is about $650 on up new and that's without a propane tank or the stainless side burner. It doesn't look like its been used more than a dozen times. I sprayed it down with water to wash the dust off and fired it up to see how she works and it was in perfect working order. Yee Haw !!!!!
r1ox.jpg

Last edited:
For $20 it sounds like u might be the proud owner of a stolen gas grill, the knobs must have fallen off as they threw it the back if the truck!

For $20 it sounds like u might be the proud owner of a stolen gas grill, the knobs must have fallen off as they threw it the back if the truck!

LOL...I don't think its stolen. The guy was old and not the thieving type. It had one knob and I actually lost it on the way home. He also told me where he bought it and I know the place sells them. I just think he didn't like it and wanted it gone. I was in the right place at the right time for once. From what I hear some people love these grills and some hate them. They have a learning curve and he was one that hated it.

LOL...I don't think its stolen. The guy was old and not the thieving type. It had one knob and I actually lost it on the way home. He also told me where he bought it and I know the place sells them. I just think he didn't like it and wanted it gone. I was in the right place at the right time for once. From what I hear some people love these grills and some hate them. They have a learning curve and he was one that hated it.

just busting your chops becasue I'm jealous, great find!

Nice! I love when deals like that come along .... which in my case is very rare to never. ;)

Those are some nice grills. The older models have no way of adjusting the temp, is the newer ones the same way?

Yes they are still like that. Thats part of the learning curve people have trouble with. Its not a fast burger cooker. It's more like an outdoor oven.

Great find! I've had three of them, and made burgers tonight on a phoenix I made out of two other ones. As said previously, it's not going to sear a steak, but it's a really nice cooker. It amounts to a 400* outdoor oven. Great for ham and whole turkeys.

i'd pay $20 for it even if I had to change it to coals. sweet deal !

Back