cost of sandblasting a 250 gallon smoker

Babyboomerboy

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
I just finished building my 250 gallon reverse flow smoker and am now ready to have it sandblasted and painted. Does anyone have an idea what would be a reasonable cost to have it sandblasted? Thanks

See if you can rent a sand blaster. Then your cost is only in the sand and rent. Are you going to paint it yourself? If not sand blasting should be part of the normal prep to paint.

look into getting it blasted with dry ice.....good for the enviorment and no sand cleanup

look into getting it blasted with dry ice.....good for the enviorment and no sand cleanup

Just heard about that somewhere.. can't remember where. Check United Rentals or Sunbelt Rentals, both are big rental companies throughout much of the U.S. I have never used S.B but U.N is top notch, call monday morning and you will have a quote and a delivery time by lunch!

In Milwaukee, I can go to a place called 'U-Blast'. It's a place that you can pay by the hour for sand blasting/bead blasting, etc. They help ya get set up, teach you a bit, etc.
Perhaps you have a place like that near you?

Ron, its about $50 to $60 an hour around here to have it done. My guess would be around 4 hours. Hope this helps!

in Seattle sandblasting is around $90 an hour, and I think 4 hours is optimistic. I put up a Costco canopy, tooled up a sandblaster, and blasted my own. It was messy beyond all belief but still enormously cheaper than having it done.

seattlepitboss

Pyle's BBQ, Gotwood, 10 elawncare, Brewerjamie15, Thank you for the information. My biggest problem with these ideas is that I live in a VERY small town and right in the middle of nowhere. I know I will have to tow the smoker to the sandblaster to have the work done. Small town living is great but there are a few disadvantages and this is one of them.

Jeff S. Thanks for the soda idea. When I find someone I will ask about this.

Shane, Thanks. I was thinking it would cost about this also. I hope it doesn't take any longer than 4 hours or there goes my whole monthly retirement check:icon_blush:

Seattlepitboss, is the high cost due to the fact that the sand is always wet? Sorry, I couldn't help myself. I lived in Tacoma for about 4 years so I had to throw that in. I am not sure I could do or want to do the work myself but it would be cheaper and Iam all about cheap.

Check with your closest auto body shop, they should have a sand blaster. Maybe work something out for trade. BBQ for paint.

Back