Ole hickory & Restaurant food

BRBBQ

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Over the years I've read about how bad restaurant food sucks and some do. Recently I've eaten at a place that use's an EL Ole Hickory smoker, I love the flavor this smoker produces. I don't know much about their smokers but if I could put one in my back yard, (cheap) enough, I'd be a ole hickory man! This place keeps their smoker anchored down in front of the building, I'd be a fraid some bozo would steal it. Go Ole hickory.

Are you by chance referring to the Que joint near 53rd & N.W. Radial Hwy in Omaha? I've seen his Ole Hickory chained to that pole out from and wondered the same thing. Never ate there, might have to give it a try!

Trucky thats it. It's called Hartland BBQ, I just found a article about it and stopped by. It's a busy place at lunch time and not a very big joint. Their smoker is out front, Ole hickory. I've had the lunch special, three times now. Trucky I'm not sure how the FEC compares since I've never tasted food from one, I kick myself for not trying Plowboys food last year at the River city round up. I talked with him while he was selling it. As I said I like the flavor Ole Hickory produces.

A true Brethren would have posted pics so we can all see!

Pron is a must..after all, what fun is Q if ya can't share it?

I used to cook on Ole Hickory Pits at my last restaurant. They were pretty darn consistent and used a surprisingly small amount of fuel-- they were gas assisted.

I love the J+R pits we use at the new place, but mainly because they are run wood only and that's more like how I do it at home. They are not rotiss and I like that, too....

Martin's BBQ Joint just outside Nashville, TN uses an Ole Hickory pit for the restaurant. He also has one on his comp rig. :cool:

..... It's called Hartland BBQ, I just found a article about it and stopped by. It's a busy place at lunch time and not a very big joint. Their smoker is out front, Ole hickory. I've had the lunch special, three times now.

BRBBQ- One of these days we need to hook up for lunch. I've been meaning to give that place a try. I'll drag garyk1398 along as well.
Don

Ole Hickory makes a smaller smoker. Not sure of the price, but if it's a chip off the ole block then it should put out some high quality BBQ (won't be cheap either).

I just got off the phone with the Ole Hickory co. It's $4200 for their smallest smoker, the legend, plus 7.9% sales tax. Living in Iowa I could buy from the them direct.

Also for people that eat at the place I mentioned^^^^ they only have three types of BBQ sauce, not saying you need it, not saying it's kfc juicy, I like the smoke flavor. For $5 they give you a good size sammy, chips and drink. If you think I get 10% kick back for this plug your wrong! I only get 1%, free meal every third monday, free soda everyday and I can wash dishes any time I want. ha-ha-ha!. Just kidding

Going to be in Omaha tomorrow; guess I know where I'm having lunch.

Gotta love the denver boot on the trailer (pic 3)

Chris

Back