Today's Pulled Beef Sandwiches

Nice recipe...I will be making this later this week. Thx for sharing!

Tried this today Was a little disappointed. I think the vegtables take away from the rub, beef and smoke taste, Now I only used one jalepeno, and 4 garlic cloves. The final clincher was I put the pan in the oven to reduce the fluid and did not realize there was a hole in it What a mess. Did this with a 7-8 lb chuck. Did two of these today on the egg- one the regular way the other this. I think I like the reg best

This looks fantastic to me and I will have to try this soon. Showed wife and kids the pics and they are all for it.

Ok so i tried this today and I dont know what I did wrong but the meat did not pull i let it get to 160 on the smoker then wrapped it in foil over the veggies and beer and ran it to 202 and then i went to shred and there was no way. Not where in it was it ready to be pulled.... I dont know what I did. I need some help. what did I do wrong? I just sliced it up to about pulled sizes and put it in the liquid and am cooking it for the last hour to reduce the liquid...

Ok so i tried this today and I dont know what I did wrong but the meat did not pull i let it get to 160 on the smoker then wrapped it in foil over the veggies and beer and ran it to 202 and then i went to shred and there was no way. Not where in it was it ready to be pulled.... I dont know what I did. I need some help. what did I do wrong? I just sliced it up to about pulled sizes and put it in the liquid and am cooking it for the last hour to reduce the liquid...

Don't know. I notice the instructions say to cook to 165* before going to veggies. That doesn't seem like it would make a difference, but maybe it would. Maybe just cook longer next time. It is all about feel, not temp. Maybe your thermometer is off 5 degrees? It would make a difference.

I just added this thread to the Roadmap, because it is very worthy. But, now I'm concerned that the original website that has the recipe on it could disappear and this awesome recipe will be lost.

So, give the original link some love:
http://wolfepit.blogspot.com/2009/10/pepper-stout-beef.html

He has great photos and deserves the hits.

If it is gone, then read on:

Pepper Stout Beef

What you will need

4lb - Chuck Roast
2 - Big Bell Peppers (sliced)
1 - Big Red Onion (sliced)
3 - Big Jalapenos (sliced seeds and all)
6 - Garlic Cloved (minced)
1/4 cup - Worcestershire Sauce
1 - 12oz Bottle Guinness Extra Stout
Kosher Salt and Black Pepper

Heavily season Chuck Roast with Kosher Salt and Fresh black pepper and cook indirect in the 245º-260º range, you can add smoke wood if you prefer,

Cook until the internal temperature reaches 165º.

Once the roast hits 165º, place into pan directly on top of vegetable, stout mixture and cover tightly with foil.

Continue to cook roast in a smoker or oven at 350º for 2.5-3 hours or until it is fork tender.

Once the meat is tender, shred all of the meat and continue to cook uncovered until the liquid is reduced by half.

Serve meat on hard rolls with or without cheese. We used pepper jack on some and gorgonzola on some and liked both, but provolone or swiss, etc., would work as well. Horseradish would be another good condiment.

Enjoy.

I made this today and it was great. I pulled mine and it was pretty hard to pull. I had to really work with some forks for a good 15 minutes to get it shredded up. I was a little disappointed with it. When I pulled it off after another hour and put it on a bun with some provolone, good Lord it was good. Plenty tender enough and just bursting with great flavor. I may have overdone the black pepper at the beginning because it was too peppery for my wife but I thought it was great. Next time I may use more bell pepper and onion, I used one of each and they had pretty much disintegrated by the time I put it on a roll. Still, outstanding and I'll be keeping an eye out for chuckles on sale to do it again. Going to complete the Irish aspect tomorrow night and put it on a baked potato.

Cooked this last week after drooling over it for forever. I suggested it to a fellow brethren so I figured I should follow through on trying it myself also.

I fudged on the recipe but it turned out awesome. Brought it into work the next day and the guys loved it too. Definitely a keeper

gonna try this again next week low and slow and taking it to 165 instead of my screw up at 160.. Then I will try and get the cooker up to 350 but if not oh well ill just keep it low and slow till it hits 200

Well I ran across this in the cookbook I put it in after I printed it off. So off to the store for the veggies.

I personally don't understand how anyone can stand that fake cheese, but everything else looks really great!

I am going to try this for Sunday, how many total hours should I allow for cooking?

Back