MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ

Notices

Competition BBQ *On Topic Only* Discussion regarding all aspects of Competition BBQ. Experiences competing or visiting, questions, getting started, Equipment, announcements of events, Results, Reviews, Planning, etc. Questions here will be responded to with competition BBQ in mind.

Old 07-15-2019, 03:28 PM   #256
ewatts2003
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by manmeatbbq View Post
Only 7 700s this weekend and 14 180s. Definitely seems like a short list to me.
Not to mention (4) 700s at the same comp!

Old 07-15-2019, 05:25 PM   #257
Jorge
somebody shut me the fark up.

The lowest winning score was a 691. So if you don't average 172.5 or better you can sit on the porch and lick. Good thing the scores have been lowered or we'd be back to the days of a coin flip determining the winners.

I may have punched a hole in my cheek with my tongue, and sprained my eyes as they rolled while I typed.

Keeping Valspar in BBQ, one cook at a time.

Recipient of a Huggies box!

Shut up, and cook!!!!
Jorge is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->
Old 07-15-2019, 06:02 PM   #258
Pappy Q
is One Chatty Farker

On another KCBS note, former BOD member and President Mike Hays passed away this weekend after a battle with cancer. Mike was a good friend and a good man. Competition BBQ lost a good one and I miss him. RIP my friend.
Pappy Q is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-15-2019, 06:28 PM   #259
Jorge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy Q View Post
On another KCBS note, former BOD member and President Mike Hays passed away this weekend after a battle with cancer. Mike was a good friend and a good man. Competition BBQ lost a good one and I miss him. RIP my friend.
I had some good conversations with Mike. I'm sorry that he's not with us any longer, but happy that he will have some peace after a long fight.

Shut up, and cook!!!!

Old 07-15-2019, 07:29 PM   #260
Burnt at Both Endz
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Calvin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy Q View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorge View Post
I had some good conversations with Mike. I'm sorry that he's not with us any longer, but happy that he will have some peace after a long fight.
If you want to know why comps are losing teams, IMHO, you have to look no farther then why we all know and were friends with the Hippy. It was the drinks and conversions that everyone enjoyed that kept us returning. Mike gave more than he took from this crazy hobby!
Burnt at Both Endz is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-02-2019, 12:21 PM   #261
Slamdunkpro
Babbling Farker

<sigh> More secret meetings

https://kcbs.us/news_manager.php?page=17490
Spicewine Tandem - "The Beast"
, 2 Vulcan V33's & 1 V9
Brinkman modified upright, Weber Kettle(s); Meadow Creek Pr-24, Super Stealth Mode black & Night Vision Red Thermopens
-----------------
MABA - (Mid Atlantic BBQ Association) President
KCBS Certified Judge - #23289
Slamdunkpro is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-03-2019, 08:16 AM   #262
ModelMaker
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Did we ever determine if they did indeed fire the new CEO?
Extremely seasoned hand hammered Wok
Pit Boss-HART BURN Competition BBQ Team
KCBS certified judge

And Your not the boss of me either!!
ModelMaker is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 08-03-2019, 09:15 AM   #263
Burnt at Both Endz
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Calvin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModelMaker View Post
It's a secret!
Burnt at Both Endz is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-05-2019, 09:49 AM   #264
midwest_kc
is one Smokin' Farker

Name/Nickname : Joel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModelMaker View Post
Given that he hasn't even been on the roll call the last couple meetings, I would think yes. No official word from KCBS though, at least that I've seen.

Old 08-05-2019, 12:13 PM   #265
Jorge

If there is a change in progress, that may involve negotiation of some sort, they really can't say anything.

If someone calls me to check employment history for someone that used to work for me there are times when all I can do is verify that they worked for me. Doing anything else would open the door to litigation.

I don't have any direct personal knowledge about what's going on. Wait for the minutes. If there is something going on, and there is no confidentiality clause in a potential settlement agreement you may get your answer(s).

Shut up, and cook!!!!

Thanks from:--->
Old 08-05-2019, 02:22 PM   #266
midwest_kc
is one Smokin' Farker

Name/Nickname : Joel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorge View Post
If there is a change in progress, that may involve negotiation of some sort, they really can't say anything.

If someone calls me to check employment history for someone that used to work for me there are times when all I can do is verify that they worked for me. Doing anything else would open the door to litigation.

I don't have any direct personal knowledge about what's going on. Wait for the minutes. If there is something going on, and there is no confidentiality clause in a potential settlement agreement you may get your answer(s).
Yep. The silence, along with the breadcrumbs from minutes lead me to believe that he is out. Probably has been for a bit. I would assume we won't know any more until a change is official, and even then all we'll know is that they "mutually agreed to part ways" and KCBS "wishes him well in his future endeavors"

Old 08-06-2019, 07:33 AM   #267
ModelMaker
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Well if he is separated from employment I hope KCBS got the new I-phone they gave him to be used for "KCBS business" only.
Ed
Extremely seasoned hand hammered Wok
Pit Boss-HART BURN Competition BBQ Team
KCBS certified judge

And Your not the boss of me either!!
ModelMaker is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 08-06-2019, 09:20 AM   #268
Jorge

Special meeting agenda posted.

https://kcbs.us/news_manager.php?page=17492

Shut up, and cook!!!!

Thanks from:--->
Old 08-06-2019, 11:55 AM   #269
DUBBAGA
is Blowin Smoke!

Drat, the conversation about Vista is going to be in closed session. Guess I won't be dialing in ...

Humphrey's Long Weekender, UDS, Red Box Smoker, SJS/Tamale Pot Smoker, Weber Performer, Weber 18.5 OTS, Alton Brown Flower Pot Smoker (died), Blue Ember Gasser (died}

Member of the Hall of Zero's (Noobians v. Veterans Throwdown)
DUBBAGA is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-07-2019, 10:09 PM   #270
billygbob
On the road to being a farker

Default New CEO

I received this email at 10:36PM tonight -- not all members have (wife didn't get one).

KCBS Members,

KCBS has exciting news to share!

Please join us for a special program hosted by Greg Rempe of the BBQ Central Show as we announce our new Chief Executive Officer Tomorrow Evening (Thursday) August 8, 2019 at 8/pm EST - 7pm CST.

Join us either on the KCBS Facebook Page at https://www.facebook.com/KansasCityBarbequeSociety, or the BBQ Central Show page at https://www.facebook.com/bbqcentralshow

We look forward to hearing from our new leader who is charged with positioning KCBS for growth into the future.

Thank you,

Candy Weaver
President of the Board of Directors
billygbob is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kcbs