Roll Call. Inside 30 days. Illinois State BBQ Championship and Butt to Butt - July 9 & 10, Shannon, IL

Ron_L

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
No roll call yet? Who's in?

Captain Ron's Brew-n-Que will be there and we're gunning for the Sausage King of Illinois :-D :boxing: :becky:

Smokehouse 72 will be there.. Doing the Butt to Butt and the Open.

Smoke Syndicate's in. Looking forward to it, wish it was this weekend! Pete

The ladies all know who the real Sausage King is..... So bring your beat meat Ron... ;)

Buster Dog will be there. Do they like links or big loafs of sausage over there?

I keep hearing this is the last year? anyone know for sure?

We've cooked through some amazing thunderstorms and very high winds and have never had an issue. It's all city power on permanently mounted power poles. There are spots out in the outfield that do not have power, however. That
s where the bigger rigs typically park.

Swamp Boys will be flying/driving in from FL to Detroit then to ??. Scored a cool little gig in Detroit Thursday morning. Got some logistics to figure out :confused:

I will be calling in some of those earlier generous offers of equipment loans and help very soon :wave:

I'm looking forward to meeting you, Rub!

For those driving in from the west, when we came home from Marshalltown the I-80 bridge over the Mississippi was open (finally!). It was one lane, but we had no traffic or delays. It may be different when the crews are working, but I would think that any construction delays would have to be better than the I-280 bypass!

Bartlett Bonesheads will be there. Hope to arrive thursday night. I need to cook better than I did in Marshalltown.

I've been slacking and didn't get my entry in yet. I e-mailed the organizer to see if there is still space but haven't heard back. Anyone know if there is still room? I need to get my butt kicked again and this seems to be the best place to go.

If you don't need electric and have a generator. You can come out to our little village. I mean, Mile is always looking for field fillers.... ;) let me know of you dont get a hold of Mike or Theresa. I have their contacts.

I've been slacking and didn't get my entry in yet. I e-mailed the organizer to see if there is still space but haven't heard back. Anyone know if there is still room? I need to get my butt kicked again and this seems to be the best place to go.

I know the the butt kicking feeling better than you.

Received notice they still have room, so my application is going out today. Scottie, thanks for the encouragement.

I think we'll be there...gotta get that sent out...! :doh:

Back