A favor to request at Kings Mountain

Gadragonfly

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
My husband, Rusty and I were confirmed as judges in January and I saw this as an opportunity to meet virtual friends of 12 years so I called my friend and she and her husband made hotel reservations that night. They are coming with their daughter and her significant other on Thursday. We ended up not being on the judges list but an email to Chief Burns had it straightened out and he said he'd put us on the list. This means we get to meet my friends, Pam and Rob and their young adult children, Amanda and Jim. They'll be at the Holiday Inn around 3:00 on Thursday and may cruise around Kings Mountain later in the afternoon. I've suggested that they would want to attend the event, sample bbq that is sold and enjoy the entertainment. They will probably be there for awhile at least. The husband, Rob, is a disabled vet. He was a crew chief on a medevac Black Hawk during Desert Shield/Storm and then again during the beginning of the invasion of Iraq. He is being treated for incurable malignant brain tumors which have been determined to be caused by exposure to chemicals while on duty. If you happen to meet them will you help me make them feel welcome? I'm going to explain that they need to be aware of the times when the teams are getting ready for turn-in and if you need to ask them to leave feel free to but I would love for them to come to other events and I'd like for all of them to enjoy the American Way of Life that we are so proud of and that Rob fought so hard for. A chance to escape the burdens and worries that plague their every day lives.

We'll be in late Thursday night and I can't wait to meet them and enjoy spending Friday with them.

Thanks in advance and see you soon.
Julie
cbj

Speaking for myself (and everyone else that will be there)... I'm sure they will feel welcome as they make their way around the competition sites.

Now I wish I was making the trip down south for this one!

I'm sure that they'll be welcomed like the long lost brothers and sisters they are. Please tell him thank you for his service from your pals up around Chicago way.

I knew I could count on the Brethren :) There isn't a finer group of people in the country.

Thanks everyone,
Julie

Feel free to drop in with the Pickin' Porkers after turn in and eat all the BBQ, ribs and brisket you can stand! We're proud to support our vets!!!!!!

Roger & Marsha

STop by the My Side of the Mountain tent. We are always looking for a good chat.:p

If you and your friends make it Barnesville's 5th annual BBQ & BLUES next weekend (FBA) please let me know and I will make sure your friends are taken care of.
My dad is a retired U.S. Marine and I take to heart the sacrifices your friend has made for me. He will be on our VIP list. I will make sure he will have pleanty of BBQ and conversation, not to mention complimentary tickets to our saturday night concert.

Please give him my regards...

Back