Spicy HOT rub?

Why not just take your regular rub and triple the cayenne pepper in it? I also find that increasing the sugar on it tricks the palate a bit. So it doesn't seem as spicy on the first bite but then .... :twisted:

+1 for what they said. You could even try adding some Ghost Chili powder. I added the slightest amount when I did some hot wings. My buddy who likes things HOT, said they were almost too much for him.

Matt

I agree with these guys. A word of caution though, if you have never played with these chilies be mindful of what you are doing. 1/2 tsp of Ghost Chili powder could be more than you'd ever want to use in a gallon of chili.

Plowboys Jerk is a good one...good balance of heat and spice...

Just go buy a bottle of salt lick original or my favorite slap yo momma Hott! And get with it.

Thanks for the tips. Could you tell me where to find this death dust,or ghost chili powder or are they the same?

My brother likes really hot food. So I kept adding cayenne pepper to my favorite rub to his liking. He loves this rub.

1/4 cup salt (I use sea salt from costco)
1/4 cup chili powder
1/4 cup cumin
1/4 cup black pepper (I like the malabar fine ground pepper from costco)
6 Tbs cayenne pepper
1/2 cup paprika

I named this rub" Daves Crazy" Like I said he loves it. Uses it on chicken and ribs also for taco meat seasoning. I can't eat it too hot for me!!!!

Red Savina has a site of Red Savina habenaro pepper powder. Nasty stuff (hot) that hangs around the tongue for quite a while with a slight fruity flavor. Ghost pepper is like a punch to the gut, then passes. Go to RedSavina.com. You'll be glad you did.

Back