Berkshire Pork Chops...

JD McGee

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
...with Simply Marvelous Pecan Rub (thanks for the sample Steph)...:cool:

I my wife's own words..."these are the best chops I've ever had in my life"...I'd have to agree...these guys were almost fork tender...and the Pecan Rub flavor was perfect...:p

The pics do not do this cut of meat justice...if only RTD were here...:lol::lol::lol:

BerkshirePorkChops004.jpg

BerkshirePorkChops005.jpg

BerkshirePorkChops007.jpg

BerkshirePorkChops008.jpg

BerkshirePorkChops009.jpg

Beautiful chops JD. What dinner I bet that was. Nice job.

hey! i might be coming out your way in july... not sure yet.

Nice job there JD. Did you find the texture of the meat to be different from 'regular' pork?

How was the pecan rub ? Sounds good.

It was very good...it complimented the pork perfectly. :p

hey! i might be coming out your way in july... not sure yet.

Cool...be sure to drop me a line if you do...I'll line up a pron photo shoot for ya...:wink:

Nice job there JD. Did you find the texture of the meat to be different from 'regular' pork?

Very different...it has a higher fat content and was extremely tender and moist. :biggrin:

Oh man those look good! What did you cook them on? Chop's for dinner tonight!

Those Chops Look Mighty Fine.
And that Pecan Rub is Tasty!!!!

Those are some of the best looking Chops I have seen! Do you get them at a local store?

Oh man those look good! What did you cook them on? Chop's for dinner tonight!

Gasser...:icon_blush:

{Midnight ☼ Smoke};1157642 said:
Those are some of the best looking Chops I have seen! Do you get them at a local store?

We got them at the Butcher Shop Cafe...you can see them sitting in the meat case here...second row from the left...:cool:

MeatMarket011.jpg

Great looking chops there JD. One of these days I'm gonna try them out.

Last edited:
Those look great! Pork loin rib chops are my favorite chops. I like to smoke mine for about an hour or so, and then reverse sear. The "skin" on the bone gets bacony and is great to gnaw on. I have yet to see Berkshire pork in my area, but when I do I will have to get some.

Looks great to me too JD! I've got a little bit of my pecan rub left, thanks for the inspiration. :-D

Back