UDS Brisket PRON

misterrachel

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
This 14lb monster took a full 24 hours...mostly my fault, because the fire died this morning and it was a couple hours before I realized it. Rubbed with Zarda and smoked with hickory. Overnight I was at a steady 225, but ramped it up to near 300 this afternoon for a few hours.

The bark, predictably came out a little tough, but man it was some good eats. I have never gotten a smoke ring this intense!

Attachments

• DSC_1559.JPG
    DSC_1559.JPG
    113.4 KB · Views: 154
  • DSC_1560.JPG
    DSC_1560.JPG
    115 KB · Views: 150
  • DSC_1561.JPG
    DSC_1561.JPG
    133.6 KB · Views: 149
Looks great. I always slice 90 degrees to the grain. Is there a reason you slice at 45 degrees?

It looks a scosche overdone for my tastes, but still appears to be flavorful.. What method did you use to determine doneness?

It looks a scosche overdone for my tastes, but still appears to be flavorful.. What method did you use to determine doneness?

It was overdone a bit. I think, because I had to ramp up the heat so high after my fire died. As it was, I had to make my guests wait a couple hours.

I checked it for doneness at 190 degrees by probing. The probe slid in fairly easily, not quite butter easy, but close enough. However, due to the time constraint I also didn't have time to let it rest very long.

Looks good to me. I like a crispy crust on my brisket as long as it is still tender on the inside and it looks like you pulled it off. Other than keeping people waiting I bet you got no complaints.

Back